+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I transferred 2 last time, still a BFN. I stressed the whole 2WW that I might end up with twins. I have decided to only transfer 1 in the future.
    Reason being that each embryo has a chance. If you put in 2 you run the risk of complications that might end your dream due to twins.
    The only thing that compelled me to put in 2 was impatience. My theory was that you have 2 chances from one cycle.
    But technically I can cycle for each frozen embyro as each has a chance.
    If you look at the costs of a cycle vs the costs of raising twins the cycle cost is small and the risks associated with twins are well founded. This is a quote from our clinic information:

If you've had trouble conceiving, the idea of having two babies at one time might seem like a blessing. However, the death rate of twins between 5 and 9 months of pregnancy is 6 times that for single baby pregnancies, while the mortality rate from IVF twins following birth is 4.5% or nearly 1 in 20.

Sadly, deaths do happen. I for one don't want to risk my dream because I was impatient.

Best of luck with cycling,
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put back 2 freshies on our 3rd cycle - bfn. We did the same on our 4th cycle and now have a beautiful son
    we won't do any more IVF but if we did we would use 2 embies if we had them - I'm 42 though so my age definately influenced our decision!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default one or two embryos???

Hi
    My friend had 2 failed ivf treatments . She has to frozen ones left and it was her last try . She had both put in and got twins . They are 2 now a little boy and a little girl , good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default one or two embryos???

Just thought I would see how you went op?