+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default one or two embryos???

Hi ladies,
    it had been 4 loooong years since we stated our journey. 2 failed IVF cycles,and three snowbabies waiting..
    I am facing a crucial decision to make here.whether to transfer one or two embryos? what will happen it none works?
    I am soo over this,the emotional stress cannot be explained.
    I would like to hear frm you ladies.any sucess stories? waht would you do of you have to make a decision
    thanks all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I did 6 transfers of single embies. No luck. On my 7 th transfer I put in 2 and am pregnant with one bub! We thought long and hard about the risks involved with a multiple pregnancy and the challenges we would face with twins (or more - I know of a lady who put 2 back and got quads) and went ahead with it.

Many clinics also have a loosely followed policy (for ex mine only likes to do double transfers in women 35+).

Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: one or two embryos???

I was very lucky to fall pregnant our first cycle ( day 3 embryo). We thought falling again would be easy but that wasn't the case. Our only frozen embryo didn't survive the thaw so we did another 3 full cycles another one that was cancelled and 1 frozen cycle ( all resulted in bfn). We changed clinics and I'm currently 24 wks with a fresh day 2 embryo. We have 2 frozen embryos from this last cycle ( one is good and the other very good, those are my fs words).

I knew I may one day have to deal with the dilemma of having to donate if we had to many left over ( I respect peoples own choices however could never personally discard them). If this preg was a girl that was all we were going to do but after long and many discussions we decided that what ever the sex of this baby we are going to put our final 2 back in (my dh is a lot older than I am so we want to have a limit to having babies). We also want to give them ad much of a chance as all our other precious embies.

We have since found out we are expecting another boy. We might one day have a little girl but if we our 2 frozen embs don't take we know we were only ment to have 3 boys. On the other hand we are also prepared for 1,2,3 or even 4 more.

I'm only 29 so will be 30 when the 2 get put in. Our Fs has said he will happily put the 2 in as long as I don't have any major compilatios this preg ( diabetes or Prem labour).
    It is a hard choice but for us it was made easier as it will be the end to our Ivf journey.

Ivf is expensive so I guess that may influence your decision. If your planing on doing another cycle is neither of your 2 work I would probably just start by putting one in at a time. This might be different though if your vs doesn't think you might get many eggs in future tries. As long as your prepared for both to work and possible both split than you will be comfortable if you decided to put the 2 in.

Sorry for the essay its just that we have very recently had to decide this too.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thank You

thanks so much ladies,for sharing your thoughts.it certainly gave me lots of things to think about.I did speak to my other half,no need to tell you,this matter has put to much pressure on our relationship as well.we decided to put 2 this time.its just the matter of timing and the financial difficulties.I really do hope it will work this time.
    thanks again for sharing your thoughts.really appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews

We always had two put back in and was always bfn, my fs urged me to put 2 in as in his words he wanted me pregnant.. Our last transfer we put 2 in and well.. We are preg with twins! So it can happen!

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I think you should think long and hard about transferring two. Twins may look cute but it certainly isn't much fun to tell you the truth. And from what I've read, transferring two only slightly increases the chance of pregnancy however drastically increases the chance of twins.

Twin pregnancies carry an increased risk of miscarriage, premature birth and other pregnancy complications. There is a good reason why most fs will not transfer two unless you are over 35 and have many failed IVF cycles behind you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was over 35 - I used 9 embryos with no success.
    My FS was always encouraging 2 ... But I really didn't want to risk twins.

its a personal choice.
    I wish you luck.

In the end I got a natural miracle baby after giving up!

Thanks
    Reviews

Im 27 and had single transfers up until cycle 9 where I had 2. Im 18 weeks pregnant with twins now from that cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

We have four frosties (DD is 6 months). One baby is hard - I cannot imagine how people cope with twins although I know many do. We will only be putting in one next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Niwanthi
    We are putting two back in this cycle too.
    Good luck with your cycle.
    Hopefully we are both blessed with a BFP