+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday! - Week 3, Day 3 - Blog 31

Tonight was the first night I considered skipping my evening session of Zumba. I was meant to leave work at 3:30pm but at 3:20pm I realised that one of the girls who has been made redundant was leaving and nobody had gotten her a card or a gift. I've been there. I've left a company I worked at for 4.5 years and there was nothing and that was horrible. So I did the world's quickest whip round at the office and collected up $87.50 to spend. I literally RAN across to Harbour Town (a shopping centre down the street from work), ran into Kate Hill and thanks to the lovely and helpful ladies picked out a pink bag and matching purse. Picked up a card and gift bag at the newsagents with $1 to spare (which we put into the purse for good luck, it kind of worked out perfectly!) and ran back to the office!

Got back about 3:40pm and then had to wait around while everyone sloooowly signed the card before we could give her the gift. Anyway, I ended up leaving work about 4:10pm and just made the train after running full pelt to make it. It was worth it, though, to see the smile on her face and hear her say "OMG! I love pink!" over and over.

Anyway, the point of all that was that a part of me thought to myself "well, that's made me 40 minutes later than I should've been, I did workout this morning, maybe I could skip it. I didn't, though, a friend told me I just had to do my workout and to be honest once I got home there was little doubt in my mind that I would do it. I'm enjoying the workouts so much that it's not really like it's a chore to do them. I'm loving that I'm slowly becoming the kind of person that enjoys exercise. Tomorrow is my rest day but I'm hoping to rollerblade around the Swan River in the morning, it's about 10kms from memory! DH and I used to do it all the time when we first got together and now I'd like to do it again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (10-11-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday! - Week 3, Day 3 - Blog 30

Waaaaaaaaah!!!!! All I can hear is that song in my head now

Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday! - Week 3, Day 3 - Blog 30

Well done too on your Zumba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Hee hee hee, I actually had that playing in my car today because I an such a saddo! Every now and again I like to listen to it on a Friday!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    What a lovely person you are. That was such a kind thing to do. Well done on getting your workouts done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Awwwww, thanks hun. I have my moments! Mostly I did it because I've been in that position and it sucks, I didn't want her to have that experience!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah, a couple of months ago I hit the ten-year mark at work. Waiting for someone to notice. The other ten-year staffer got a lovely plaque and a dinner when she clocked up her ten. So I can see why you made the effort for your colleague. Well done you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Awwwww purple, that sucks! Do you work in a big company? HR usually keep track of that sort of thing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope, small office. Only the boss, the other ten-year girl and I are permanent. Rest are casuals. Some of them have been there for years too but not ten yet.