+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby movements.....

Hi there! From 16 weeks I already felt bub move but I'm now close to 20 weeks and DH still can't feel her move. Every time he puts his hand on my belly, she stops moving! Is this normal? And at what week does DH actually feel bub move?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Babies have a habit of stopping moving when their dads are around! I think I was about 26 weeks (first felt baby move at 22) your baby's movements are still going to be very soft. Try lying down, having a cold sugary drink and getting DH to put his head on your tummy. That worked for us

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Baby movements.....

Yes they sure do stop don't they!! Cheeky things! A friends mum told me she thinks its cause they know It's Daddy and they feel all nice and at peace when he's around if that makes sense? Thought it was a rather cute thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, I'm 33 weeks and bubs seems to be able to tell when its daddy's hand not mine and she stops moving.. She is constantly on the go until he tries to feel her lol.. Just tell your DH to be patient, he will feel it trust me.. I'll never forget the look on DH's face when he first felt bubs move..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Baby movements.....

Dh didn't get to feel ds move any all. He wasn't a real big mover I didn't feel him till 22 wks then would only feel him about once a day just after having lunch.

This time I felt bub move at 16 wks and dh got his first feel at 22 weeks. What feels pretty obvious to us as obvious movements dont always seem that strong from the outside.

My dh doesn't have much patients and still doesn't really get that when bubs moves that its not a boxing match and the movements can be very intermittent.

If your feeling lots already they will only get stronger as the weeks progress. He will feel it and it will be amazing

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

jmiller  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i first felt my bub move at about 17wks. dh didn't feel him until about 22wks. he didn't have a pattern of when he would move and dh wasn't patient enough to sit there with his hand on my belly waiting for him to kick!

i find i can tell a lot more easily now when bub is going to be active, what time of day and for how long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I started to feel movement around 16 weeks I think, and hubby felt it at about 20 weeks. Our bub moves the most when I'm lying pretty still, usually when I first wake up or am just going to sleep, so just get your partner to lay with his hand on your belly when you're doing this is at some stage over the next few weeks I'm sure he'll feel something :-) its such an exciting moment for them, I think that was what made the penny drop for my husband that there was a real baby in there, and he started to get really excited then :-)