+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How often do you take your kids to the doctor?

All the time here. In fact she saw a doctor tonight 😷 but she does have chronic health issues so is sick a lot. I wish I was like those of you that never go near the doctors!

Thanks
    Reviews

OP not often either. My LO had whooping cough at 3 weeks. But the only time he goes is when he does silly things like jump off the ride on mower whilst moving. The hospital knows me but "our" doctor doesn't.

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

My toddlers only when are really sick (vomiting and temp like stuff which is hardly) and needles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never considered that I take my kids alot. But generally I will take them for illnesses if they have had a fever for more than 3 days just to get checked out. So for that (fever more than 3-4 days) I would take them probably 2-3 times a year. Apart from that, immunisations, croup etc.

So my DD (5) might go 2 times a year, and DS (2) would be approx 3-4 times...,,

I always considered myself a very 'wait and see' type parent when it comes to illnesses...... But compared to others my kids seem to visit the Dr alot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think quite a lot and I'm not someone who sees a Dr for colds and flus! DD has always been small and was a 'failure to thrive' baby so would always be checked if she was unwell and not having all her feeds. She has had a couple of throat infections, a cough that lasted 8 weeks, hand foot & mouth and conjunctivitis (damn daycare bugs!). In the first 3 months of her life we were at the GP/clinic/ED/paed constantly until her CMPI was diagnosed. She hasn't been to the GP in about 2 months now and that's a good run for us! She's 15mo.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS1 maybe 1-2 a year total, he gets croup and needs steroids sometimes and is prone to ear infections.

DS2 has been 3 times (he is 3) an ear infection, infected penis and to emergency when he pulled the head off a live extension cord!

DD has never seen anyone, nurse nor doctor. She is 15mths.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Mine have only been to the GP for immunisations. We selective vaxx, so DS1 hasn't been since he was a baby.

DS2 has a med condition so we are at the children's hospital a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't counted but basically as required.

I'm definitely not the sort of mum who is up the drs every five minutes or anything but he has been a fair few times over the years , the usual, viruses, conjunctivitis, urinary tract infection, sore throat etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't counted but basically as required.

I'm definitely not the sort of mum who is up the drs every five minutes or anything but he has been a fair few times over the years , the usual, viruses, conjunctivitis, urinary tract infection, sore throat etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    As required I guess.

DD (7) maybe 4 times for ABs with ear infections.
    DS1 (4) never for sickness but ER with split chin, split head and hand burns.
    DS2 (1) Was a 31 weeker, so has had his fair share of hospy time but no GP visits.