+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is anyone else gonna wait to meet their baby....

We didn't even have a name picked out as we couldn't agree. After she was born I looked at DP and asked if "-------" suited and he agreed.

Next time if we have a boy we already know what the name will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had a short-list for DS, and a name we both loved, but was happy to change it if it didn't seem right on meeting bubs.

I've a hopeless track record with pets. If I don't name them quickly, it goes on for months until they and up with a nickname like 'Whitey' or 'Spot' and I wasn't going to let THAT happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a name that is 95% locked in and a back up name incase he comes out looking like he really doesn't suit the planned one. we haven't been calling bub by either name, so don't feel committed to using one or the other.

Thanks
    Reviews

We had a few names picked out both times and waited till we met them

Thanks
    Reviews

My bub probs won't have a name till after its born as I'm naming by numerology and need to know actual birth day first

Thanks
    Reviews
    We can't even agree on one name we like, if we come up with two it will be a miracle lol...hopefully it will be easier once we know what we are having and we can focus on one or the other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We have a short list of 3, and can't narrow it down so will wait to see what she looks like when she's born :-) though if we did only have one name, I'd be happy to name her before she was born. FIL has warmed to one name and calls her that but I don't think we'll end up calling her that one, I think we're more leaning towards one of our others as the favourite :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DD's name picked out 8 years before she was born, and it suited her perfectly. While we were ttc I would hold my breath any time friends or family members were naming their girls and luckily none picked it

If she had been a boy we would have named him our top boys name, but we chose while I was pregnant and unsure of the babies sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I was rushed to surgery after DD was born so DH used this opportunity to name her what he wanted but even though I was ****ed at the time her name suits her, with DS1 we had about 4 names picked out and waited until he was born to see what name fit him best and it happened to be my favourite one for DS2 we let my Mum name him as she never got to pick a babies name before not even mine and the meaning of the name she picked matched the meaning of DH's name perfectly so it worked out well

Thanks
    Reviews

We won't be choosing a name until we meet our little one. Too many variables! Some names just don't suit some people. We'll wait and see - we have a couple of names for each gender