+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ready to give up

hi all im on my second round of iui and thought today I was on 7dpo but I found out that after blood test today that i didn't even ovulate and what the Dr thought was a follicle wasn't one and now Im in tears because I have to start on primolut n again and wait for af and Im ready to give up because I havent got the finance to go the full ivf cycle. Has anyone else had this problem or any idea what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    no idea what to do, this is all so new to me. But big breath, one step at a time. We don't have the $ for IVF either, I often wonder where people get it from?! can they up the dosage of the drug you were on and see if that stimulates O?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Crimson, we are in a similar boat - we can afford 3 rounds of IUI here in Canberra but and if we have to progress to IVF will be asking our Dr if we can transfer to the Westmead IVF program which costs about the same as IUI costs in Canberra! If not then we are going to reassess. We'd really like to do donor-egg IVF but the costs are prohibitive for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the replies its nice to hear from other ppl. Well as it turned out I went through iui again this monthand ended up with a 20mm follicle and I had ai today so now just the 2ww to go :so I'm crossing everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooh! everything crossed for you here too crimson.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2nick For This Useful Post:

crimson74  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    for you Crimson. So you will be testing around Xmas Day? How exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hiya im back and with a bfn on Christmas day and then af yesterday so kinda ruin the holidays but im prepared to soldier on and try again and think maybe next time

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: ready to give up

Hi Crimson

I'm on my second round of iui, and although we are lucky enough to have the finances to try a couple of rounds of ivf if it comes to that, I often wonder how people can afford it. I know ppl who have gone through 7 rounds of ivf and it still didn't work and they end up financially crippled!!! I really feel like we should get more back through Medicare for these treatments. It's just not fair.

Any good luck for your next round of treatments. Fingers crossed for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub