+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much do bank staff earn in qld?

I was in my bank the other day and was talking to the girl about changing jobs at the end of my maternity leave because my job includes weekends and different shifts etc. She said that I'd easily get into a bank because of my work history, so she's lining me up an interview... however... I don't know how much they earn, and that is going to be a huge factor for whether or not i accept a job with them.

Can anyone shed some light on how much bank staff earn? not the ones in sales, just the general customer service/tellers...??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Obviously all banks are different but I think starting out as a teller is around the 40k mark for full time. You also get bonuses each half and annual pay rises based on performance. Good luck with the job

Thanks
    Reviews

About $19-21 an hour roughly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think WA is around the $20 mark as well. I decided to work from home once my mat leave finished as I didn't want to do the standard 9-5 like I was before bub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    It all really depends on what you do in the bank. I am assuming you are referring to a teller?
    In my experience building society and credit union staff often don't earn as much as bank staff. There was a catch somewhere that had them covered under a shop assistants award, not sure if it still this way (hopefully not!) but something to be aware of.
    Yeah this is true. Also be careful if its an OMB, Owner Managed Branch. Probably similar to credit unions etc. The one I work for, as a teller, can choose to pay under the retail award. (Which they do as its cheaper). So for me, I think I may have been on a MAX of $18/hr. Though there are other perks such as discounted home loan/credit card rates etc. And once you're in the industry there's room to move to loans etc.