+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use small face washers and a cut up flannelette sheet for drying. I don't have any taps upstairs so I have a kettle and a bucket set up next to the change table. Just run some water on the face washer over the bucket. Dry her off with a flannel. Wash them with nappies. I do the same when out, just use my water bottle to wet the washer and chuck them in the nappy bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cleaning baby's bum with water

Mothercare have packs if muslin squares and little top and tail baths that could be useful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Cookie1  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Was there a reason why you were told to do it?
    I was told to by the nurse to prevent/clear up nappy rash. I thought I'd just use the wipes when out though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I NEVER use anything but water to wipe my babies' bottoms at home, except sometimes just sorbelene on a cotton wool ball when they are really little

I have a pile of face washers and a pile of itti bitti luxury wipes, and just grab one, run it under the tap, then take it and the baby to the change table, then throw it in the nappy bucket

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just grabbed a handful of flannels each morning and wet them and stored them in a plastic container for the day. When we went out I would grab a few and carry them in a glad snap bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Spray bottle with water onto thin facewashers

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought a couple of meters of micro fleece and cut it into wipes and liners (we use cloth nappies too).

At first I used a spray bottle and wet them at each change but now I find it easier to grab a few and run them under the tap before each change. The wipes get thrown into the nappy bucket with the nappies til it's time to wash, super easy

Thanks
    Reviews

Definitely go spray bottle with water (that way you wet the wipe as much as needed and don't have double dipping issues etc) and highly recommend Reynard wipes (they are square baby wipes with no chemicals really soft for bubs bottom. Just add water!!

Good for cleaning sensitive bums.

I use organic wipes when out though as its easier than carting all that out.