+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    We had our first prac session today. We got to put on glitter bug and wash our hands to see how well we did.
    We practiced putting on gloves, sterile gloves, face masks, aprons, etc.. was an exciting day
    We did some stuff on infection control then some boring WHS stuff again in with our theory.
    Tomorrows timetable looks a boring... lots on communication. Next week should be better though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Enrolled Nursing Students

Were on week two, the lectures have started and we have about a million assigments already! :/ certainly not a gentle introduction lol .. I knew it was going to be full on though, just not quite this early. How are you all going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Enrolled Nursing Students

We are week 3... No assignments so far. We started A&P yesterday. Seems interesting but rather full on. We will most likely get each section broken up in to a test so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Yay!.. I got into a preceptorship at a private hospital so i will get to do all my prac there.
    I'm really happy as i won't have to an aged care placement now.

How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Going good here just finished week 2. Congrats on getting in sounds fantastic 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    these assessments are doing my head in lol. I only really have one study day a week so its a bit hard trying to cram it all in! might see if i can get some quiet time on the weekend.

been practicing doing blood pressures and obs.. thats fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Thanks, jensha.

Codex, what sort of assessments do you have? We still haven't got any. I'm not impressed with the way our course is being delivered, no one has any idea what's going on.
    We may/may not have our first anatomy test next week. It may be an online test, might be a hard copy, might be open book... It's just ridiculous. We all have a $14k help debt riding on this. They could at least set out the course structure and assessments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Hey everyone.

How are you guys going? We've got our first prac assessment coming up- i think this is what i'm going to find most difficult about the course.
    I feel like a complete and utter douche pretending a particular scenario has occured and then acting out what we need to do with the teachers eyes closely on us.
    I hope i get over the uneasy feeling it creates and just do it- such a shame i can't do it drunk. Alcohol gives me confidence.

Thanks
    Reviews

I empathise with the "not being able to do it drunk" thing!

I did my first A & P exam today. Did really well I think! I went in to it thinking we had to get 100% to pass. Turns out (I find out afterwards!) that we only need 65%! So I'm set

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lucymoo For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    I empathise with the "not being able to do it drunk" thing!

I did my first A & P exam today. Did really well I think! I went in to it thinking we had to get 100% to pass. Turns out (I find out afterwards!) that we only need 65%! So I'm set
    Awesome news! We have to get 100% on our a&p but our test is open book so it should be alright.

They need to invent confidence pills.... I need something!..lol