+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Enrolled Nursing Students

Im wondering howi willgo at retaining things, so much to remember, muscles, bones, blood vessels, organs, drugs, arrgh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What kind on nursing doyou do Kaz, do you enjoyit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I work all over a public hospital because I am casual there. Stroke wards and neurology are always interesting. I think you will find that you will never no it all. You will continue to learn something new everyday forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Had orientation today and I'm feeling pretty excited now ������

Giggle how far long are you now?
    i am about nine months into the two year course...so getting there really slowly I already feel that I have learnt sooooo much already and am pretty excited to get into the more interesting stuff like medications and IV's

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Giggle For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    I work all over a public hospital because I am casual there. Stroke wards and neurology are always interesting. I think you will find that you will never no it all. You will continue to learn something new everyday forever.
    Kazza can I ask what state are you in and what the employment opportunities are for EN's? I am finding that a lot of people are still telling me that I should of done div one and that majority of EN's end up in Aged Care (which I don't mind but I want acute experience first) Also how are you treated at work by Div ones? are they pretty accepting of ENs in acute cAre or do they have the " EN's are taking our jobs" mentality?

Sorry for all the questions just think it would be good to get some perspective from someone who is where I want to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I am in sa and we only have en diploma and rn's. The employment prospects are pretty good for en's in sa because they are the cheaper option with med acreditation.
    Please stay in acute, I dont like seeing people go through all that study only to work in aged care and loose all their skills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Enrolled Nursing Students

Just saw giggles course goes for 2 years. How long does everyone elses go for?
    Mine is only a year long. 3 afternoons of theory a week, one morning session of prac a week, 2 optional tutes a week and 400 hours of clinical placements over 10 weeks.
    Last year it went for 18 months and they had 800 hours of clinical placements. They shortened it this year for some reason.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Mines 18 months I've got 4 days of classes. 22 hours, and 15 hours expected study at home.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by codex View Post
    Im wondering howi willgo at retaining things, so much to remember, muscles, bones, blood vessels, organs, drugs, arrgh!
    I'm only week one down (and I've done my AIN's)... I feel like my brain is going to explode! Seriously concerned at how I'll cope!!!

I'm either repeating things (bed making & hand washing) or scared at how much I'll need to know (A&P)!!! I'm finding I'm a sponge in Health Terminology, but my BIG concern is A&P.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Enrolled Nursing Students

Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    I'm only week one down (and I've done my AIN's)... I feel like my brain is going to explode! Seriously concerned at how I'll cope!!!

I'm either repeating things (bed making & hand washing) or scared at how much I'll need to know (A&P)!!! I'm finding I'm a sponge in Health Terminology, but my BIG concern is A&P.
    Have you done much work as an AIN? I'm wondering how i will cope with prac especially the aged care one.
    I don't think a&p will be too bad. We get it broken down into smaller sections and have a multiple choice test at the end of each section. If we fail so much as one section we have to sit one big test cover all sections at the end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub