+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    That sounds really good. I think I would absorb a lot more at a slower pace. My course is only a year long so it's really packed in and there is a huge expectation to know what you need to know on your own.
    My course is covered by vet fee HELP as well. I wouldn't want to add anything more to it either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 02-06-2013 at 19:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good news I called the tafe to double check the enrollment date and so glad I did!
    Was told over the phone a few weeks ago that I need to go to tafe to enrol on June 12th.. then a letter in the mail a few days later said I couldn't enroll until July as only the June intake is only open to FT students.

I called again today and asked them about it and was told I am lucky I called as they have now decided to include the PT students for enrollment on that day also

She also said the tafe are considering starting the part-time course earlier than August at this stage, though they are still deciding but just so relieved I called to double check!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey how is everyone going have had a hard semester just finished 2nd semester been on the oncology ward and now can do meds and injections etc most things except IV will do next semester

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by Jensha; 10-11-2013 at 13:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I ended up dropping out. Got most of the way through, just had another placement, a few workshops and assignments to do. So it was a bit of a waste really, but I couldn't do it. I could not hack working as a nurse.
    I hope everyone else is doing well though. Good luck with the rest of your course!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear but you got to follow your heart if it's not in it then it's not a job you can just do anyway. What will you do now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Sorry to hear but you got to follow your heart if it's not in it then it's not a job you can just do anyway. What will you do now?

Yeah that's it. I just could not stand working in an industry that's plagued with bullying and *****iness! I honestly think I would end up having a break down. It was bad enough as a student and from what I saw it doesn't get much better when qualified.
    I'm looking into studying business/commerce. I think that's probably better suited to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I ended up dropping out. Got most of the way through, just had another placement, a few workshops and assignments to do. So it was a bit of a waste really, but I couldn't do it. I could not hack working as a nurse.
    I hope everyone else is doing well though. Good luck with the rest of your course!

I dropped out too about half way though for similar reasons (the bullying is shocking!!) I also was saddened by how little time I could actually spend with each person particularly in aged care. I transferred into cert IV disability studies and am working as a disability support worker which I love. I just finished a six hour shift where I was working one on one with a disabled young man which is much more what I wanted.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Giggle For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    I dropped out too about half way though for similar reasons (the bullying is shocking!!) I also was saddened by how little time I could actually spend with each person particularly in aged care. I transferred into cert IV disability studies and am working as a disability support worker which I love. I just finished a six hour shift where I was working one on one with a disabled young man which is much more what I wanted.

It's pretty sad that the industry is so rife with bullying. I wonder how many people are detered from continuing on with their course because of it?

I'm glad you found something you enjoy doing. At least a positive came out of it all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Giggle  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    It's pretty sad that the industry is so rife with bullying. I wonder how many people are detered from continuing on with their course because of it?

I'm glad you found something you enjoy doing. At least a positive came out of it all.

Sorry to hear there was bullying involved I think it's ridiculous when bullying happens amongst adults.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is why I chose to study online even if the workload is heavier a little less stress helps