+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 274
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    700
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbmumma3boyz View Post
    I thought some of the TAFE's still had the Cert IV in Enrolled Nursing?

    On another note I was thinking last night about how you could teach at TAFE after you had completed the Diploma and wondered if anyone else knew what would be involved to become qualified in that?
    I think you'd have to be an RN, or at least an experienced EN to be eligible to do a cert IV (if they still offer it).. You'd deffinately need to have a fair bit of experience so you can demonstrate things 100%..

    I know it's a bit different, though I have a diploma in Children's Services and I was asked to consider doing my Cert IV when I had 5 years experience in the industry. Probably very different though for nursing.

    I just found out that my information session at the tafe is in 3 weeks time. The session goes for 3 hours and I need to bring everything with me as I can enroll immediately after the session apparently
    Although study won't begin until August some time I'm just happy that I have something to focus on in the mean time.

    Oh, one more question.. A friend has given me all of her meds and wound care class notes to go over and although the meds calculations seem easy enough, just wondering how ENs and RNs work this out while they are on duty? Do you carry a small calculator with you or use your calc on your phone maybe? I can remember the way to work it out, though just wondering if we can use a calculator on the spot?

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by troopingfairy View Post
    I think you'd have to be an RN, or at least an experienced EN to be eligible to do a cert IV (if they still offer it).. You'd deffinately need to have a fair bit of experience so you can demonstrate things 100%..

    I know it's a bit different, though I have a diploma in Children's Services and I was asked to consider doing my Cert IV when I had 5 years experience in the industry. Probably very different though for nursing.

    I just found out that my information session at the tafe is in 3 weeks time. The session goes for 3 hours and I need to bring everything with me as I can enroll immediately after the session apparently
    Although study won't begin until August some time I'm just happy that I have something to focus on in the mean time.

    Oh, one more question.. A friend has given me all of her meds and wound care class notes to go over and although the meds calculations seem easy enough, just wondering how ENs and RNs work this out while they are on duty? Do you carry a small calculator with you or use your calc on your phone maybe? I can remember the way to work it out, though just wondering if we can use a calculator on the spot?
    On prac, the nurses had a calculator available to them if needed. They all seemed to work it out in their heads though. Only once I saw an RN use the calculator to double check her calculations.

    You could always keep a small sized calculator in your pocket or nurses pouch. Or get one with a keyring attachment and clip it on to the belt loops on your pants.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 21-05-2013 at 12:48.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    troopingfairy  (22-05-2013)

  4. #243
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    700
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    You could always keep a small sized calculator in your pocket or nurses pouch. Or get one with a keyring attachment and clip it on to the belt loops on your pants.
    That's a great idea! Thanks! I've gone over fluid dosages, IV dosages and measurements today for 6 hours.. I'm determined to brush up on medications now as apparently in the 2nd semester with medications there is an open book exam but the big exam is closed book and you have to get 100% on the test and my maths unfortunately has never been the best

  5. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Go you!!! What an effort!

    We are doing medications next term. I haven't even looked at any of it yet. I'm still stewing over the stupid care plans, case studies and other essays and assignment that are due next week...aarggh! It's so frustrating!

  6. #245
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Petrie
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just got a interview to study at greenslopes hospital for the diploma of enrolled nursing.
    Has anyone heard anything about this program?

    Interview is mônday.

    I read on the website that for the first 12 weeks you go 2 days a week then it goes down to 1 day a week.
    And for vocational placement it's 2 days a week,
    Sounds too good.

    Ideas?

  7. #246
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    I just got a interview to study at greenslopes hospital for the diploma of enrolled nursing.
    Has anyone heard anything about this program?

    Interview is mônday.

    I read on the website that for the first 12 weeks you go 2 days a week then it goes down to 1 day a week.
    And for vocational placement it's 2 days a week,
    Sounds too good.

    Ideas?
    Yep. I'm doing all my prac through a ramsay hospital. One of the guys I met while on prac did his first lot of prac at Greenslopes but moved interstate so he continued his prac at another one of their hospitals.

    The interview wasn't much of an interview. The lady just asked why I wanted to go with them and pretty much welcomed me onboard.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #247
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Petrie
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tell me more harvestmoon hehehe

    What books do you need, how much are they

    How many days
    Where do you do your vocational placement?

  9. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Haha..My course is still run through TAFE. I just do my prac at a Ramsay hospital so it might be a bit different to the program you are looking at doing?
    All our books are supplied by TAFE, our Shirts are supplied by Ramsay. All we have to take on prac is a pen, goggles (not they get used but is the law that you must carry them and TAFE ID.
    We do our prac in a 4 week block and 3 x 2 week blocks.

  10. #249
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Petrie
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How many days at tafe?

  11. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    3 days a week.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. Mum that has 4 kids over 35 looking at studying enrolled nursing
    By angelanathan in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-03-2013, 20:54
  2. Cert IV or Enrolled Nursing?
    By Rinahbee in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 16:46
  3. Single mums doing diploma of enrolled nursing
    By Jensha in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-05-2012, 21:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Life Fertility
Life Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF specialists offer professional, holistic, personalised options for the treatment of each patient’s specific needs.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!