+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    Summerly,

I have heard that the private institutions only really teach the bare minimum, tafe is much smaller classes as well
    I think all organisations and TAFEs will vary. I've been going through Tafe and we don't even get taught the bare minimum. There is so much assumed knowledge and self directed learning. It's made it really hard going into it with no prior experience.
    Class size is 25.. so not small at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I want to brush up on my maths as I didn't complete 11 and 12 . What text book would you recommend?
    Obviously I need converting fractions to decimals etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    I want to brush up on my maths as I didn't complete 11 and 12 . What text book would you recommend?
    Obviously I need converting fractions to decimals etc
    We actually got a medication CD to use on the computer which has all the calculations we need to know. You will probably get one through tafe as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Another thought .. you can download medication calculation apps on your phone.
    Might be worth doing so for a bit of practice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I think all organisations and TAFEs will vary. I've been going through Tafe and we don't even get taught the bare minimum. There is so much assumed knowledge and self directed learning. It's made it really hard going into it with no prior experience.
    Class size is 25.. so not small at all.
    Agree they all really vary...I go to a private RTO in Melb and we have small class sizes of around ten people and I feel we get taught well and in depth...I only chose this place as they offered the course two days per week and that is what worked for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Agree they all really vary...I go to a private RTO in Melb and we have small class sizes of around ten people and I feel we get taught well and in depth...I only chose this place as they offered the course two days per week and that is what worked for me
    Your class sounds awesome! I wish mine was more like that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which private provider do you use in Melb? The part time course through HealthTrain (in both edithvale and frankston) is part time but over 2.5yrs! Chisholm only has it full time for 18mths.
    It would be nice to find somewhere that has mid year intake as we could be moving later towards the end of the year and i've got no idea which area we will be going to. my eldest will also be starting school next year so to get him settled first would be something off my shoulders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Hi Giggle, do you mind if I ask which provider you are going with for your diploma? I'm looking into healthskills blackburn campus as they offer part time 2 days a week during school hours which hopefully works out quite well for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Alot if study and assignment writing for me this weekend. Then have not a free week until holidays. Just finished 3 week aged care placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Alot if study and assignment writing for me this weekend. Then have not a free week until holidays. Just finished 3 week aged care placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Same here. Just did my first 4 weeks of prac and have 12 assignments and essays to get done before we are back at Tafe in a week..*sigh*

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app