+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 274
  1. #201
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    1,178
    Thanked
    383
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    How did you find dealing with a death? It must have been so confronting.
    Hope you are feeling alright.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It was hard! Had trouble sleeping last night but I think that's probably normal the first death I've witnessed. The Nursing Unit Manager wants to chat today to debrief. And then it's my 3 day weekend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Petrie
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have finished my intro course. Passes everything.
    Wasn't hard to pass cause if you did get a question wrong they would discuss it with you and then you change it . Had to be 100% as it was open book.
    I'm enrolling to start my diploma in July.
    Exciting times.
    You should join our fb group

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    It was hard! Had trouble sleeping last night but I think that's probably normal the first death I've witnessed. The Nursing Unit Manager wants to chat today to debrief. And then it's my 3 day weekend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    I can only imagine. I have not dealt with a death but am worried how I will cope when the time comes.
    Hope you are feeling better today and the debrief with the num helps.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. #204
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    1,178
    Thanked
    383
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I can only imagine. I have not dealt with a death but am worried how I will cope when the time comes.
    Hope you are feeling better today and the debrief with the num helps.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks I am feeling alright. Had a compliment from a resident and good feedback from staff one suggested I apply for a job here so that has helped make me feel nice.

    I was worried too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

  5. #205
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    1,178
    Thanked
    383
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Double post

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Petrie
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did the Holy Spirit program work.
    We were told our teacher wouldn't put any of our class through because we don't have prevîous experience.
    Sucks
    Cause it so close for me, than caboolture.
    Question.
    Where did you get your textbooks and nursing kits from
    And did you get the blue card and police check done before enrolling?

  7. #207
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    1,178
    Thanked
    383
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    How did the Holy Spirit program work.
    We were told our teacher wouldn't put any of our class through because we don't have prevîous experience.
    Sucks
    Cause it so close for me, than caboolture.
    Question.
    Where did you get your textbooks and nursing kits from
    And did you get the blue card and police check done before enrolling?
    Which teacher said that? I just completed the intro and got the offer. Got my kit and books from tafe and didn't get those done before extolling but got them done before placement. But as soon as you can get it sorted the better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Petrie
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rather not say on here.
    I know it frustrated me.

    I was hoping Holy Spirit had some sort of way you could apply but I'm guessing no.
    Oh well tafe will have to do
    Last edited by angelanathan; 09-05-2013 at 20:47.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanks
    1,178
    Thanked
    383
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    Rather not say on here.
    I know it frustrated me.

    I was hoping Holy Spirit had some sort of way you could apply but I'm guessing no.
    Oh well tafe will have to do
    They also advertised in the paper end of last year for the enrolment I'm in. You have to apply like a job, have an interview, resume, etc. Are you not enjoying tafe? Feel free to pm me if you need to chat?


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Petrie
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    64
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do like tafe, I just thought it would be closer for me at chermside.

    If I go on to do my bachelors I probably do it at acu. Apparently the quality of students coming out of there is pretty good.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Mum that has 4 kids over 35 looking at studying enrolled nursing
    By angelanathan in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-03-2013, 20:54
  2. Cert IV or Enrolled Nursing?
    By Rinahbee in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 16:46
  3. Single mums doing diploma of enrolled nursing
    By Jensha in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-05-2012, 20:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!