+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I just got an email from TAFE today saying that someone has dropped out and they are offering me the position so i will be starting in February too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Enrolled Nursing Students

Quote Originally Posted by codex View Post
    Im doing it at the Mater hospital, harvestmoon. what about yourself are you going through a tafe or..?
    I'm doing it at the Holy Spirit, so hospital based as well 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm doing it at the Holy Spirit, so hospital based as well
    Oh yeah, i know hospitals do it. I've heard of Wesley offering a course too. Just never heard of it through the Mater- is it through the private hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

its a bit more hands on then tafe Hospital based, no, not just the private hospital harvest moon, the training and prac is done through all the different sections of the hospital but they have a really good teaching setup too, you know the kind with those creepy dummies

Has anyone given thought to electives?? I really dont know which Area i want to go into nor what to specialize in :/

Thanks
    Reviews

Jensha - Holy spirit in Brisbane??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    its a bit more hands on then tafe Hospital based, no, not just the private hospital harvest moon, the training and prac is done through all the different sections of the hospital but they have a really good teaching setup too, you know the kind with those creepy dummies

Has anyone given thought to electives?? I really dont know which Area i want to go into nor what to specialize in :/
    I thought the amount of prac required would be similar regardless of the course provider? I know our prac has to be carried out in a variety of nursing homes and hospitals in the area.
    As for electives, being tafe based, i would say they are all picked for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

In chermside 😊 yep the private hospital im really excited. I started by doing a intro to nursing short course (4 units from the dip) last year through tafe and was offered to complete my diploma at the Holy Spirit.

Our prac, labs and classes are all at the Holy Spirit. Pracs every Monday within the hospital 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh I think my MIL works there, as well as mercy at Nudgee. Wow the intro couse sounds quite good, a great way to get a feel for the course.

MIL offerend to get me into her line of work as an AIN then work would pay for the diploma, but i think i like doing it on my own terms better.. Plus not really interested in aged care type work which is all she does.

are you ladies looking at doing a bachelor in the future, or just sticking with EN work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    are you ladies looking at doing a bachelor in the future, or just sticking with EN work?
    Ideally, if it all works out with the EEN course that's where i would like to end up. I'm a bit wary of uni though- not sure if i will cut it out in the academic world.
    I'm a bit worried i won't be able to hack nursing in general. We will be exposed to so many confronting, horrible and horrendous sites i would imagine. I'm a bit fearful i'm going to end up emotionally scared for life and just not able to cope.
    I hope i can get past it though and will just become desensitised to it all over time. It will be such an stable career choice with plenty of different areas to work within.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Harvest Moon. I completed my EEN study just over 1 1/2 ago. You will know from your first prac whether or not you will be cut out to be a nurse. You will find that on your pracs you are "taken care of". Never overstep what you have been taught if you don't know say it. Nurses look after you far better if you aren't rude, ask questions and ask them what you can do to help. Patients love to be given the time of day and will treat you with respect. Remember to smile (of course where appropriate) at patients it shows you care (older nurses lose this touch).
    Anything I can do to help any of you studying let me know. I still have some text books as well. (Oh don't get Nursing and the Law not worth the money and of no use whatsoever).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hendobub For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (11-01-2013)