+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by troopingfairy View Post
    okay.. I called the Tafe this afternoon to ask them a few things.. They said that all textbooks on the site are up to date for this years study so I got the list and a good friend who finished her RN degree last year has the editions of the two expensive textbooks and will lend them to me while another girl has the other textbooks i need (she bought them originally to do my tafe course though ended up going through GCIT and required different books) she is going to sell them to me for a small amount.. The tafe said this is fine and they just recommend me to buy their nursing kit for $50 to make sure i have all that i need in it as the ones on enurse differ in what you get in the kit.

Now if only the outside school hours lady would call me back about putting my daughter on after school care waiting list for august!
    Oh wow, that's awesome. You are lucky you could the books at a fraction of the price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash your thread lovely ladies but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea about when the next intake (after April!) would be for the online course through GCIT. I have finally made the decision to do the course and now I can't find the information TIA xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Aroha0509 View Post
    Sorry to crash your thread lovely ladies but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea about when the next intake (after April!) would be for the online course through GCIT. I have finally made the decision to do the course and now I can't find the information TIA xx
    Could you call the TAFE directly and ask?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Intake is now for gcit. Received a email last week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I currently work full time and my employer doesn't yet know I'm going to be leaving (totally different industry) so can't really call during the day. And thanks angelnathan I knew about the April intake, just wondering when the next one is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I currently work full time and my employer doesn't yet know I'm going to be leaving (totally different industry) so can't really call during the day. And thanks angelnathan I knew about the April intake, just wondering when the next one is
    What about sending off an email? Otherwise i'm sure the details will become available online closer to the date of intake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    What about sending off an email? Otherwise i'm sure the details will become available online closer to the date of intake.
    Thanks I honestly didn't even think of that lol. It's much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I honestly didn't even think of that lol. It's much appreciated!
    Next intake is July, after April.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lucymoo!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aroha0509 For This Useful Post:

lucymoo  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Something beautiful happened to me when I was out shopping a few days ago and I wanted to share it here.

I started talking to a lady serving at the counter and we were talking about midwifery. She said when she was 13 she decided she wanted to be a midwife.

Back then, most schools only selected a few lucky people to go on to high school and as she wasn't selected, she decided to do a quick midwifery course before finding work. A matron who ran the program told her she got 99% correct on the test at the end of the course and said she would make a wonderful midwife one day. She then went on a waiting list, where she would work in the meantime and study midwifery once her name was called and when she was closer to turning 18 - whichever came first.

When she was 17 her boss asked her how her study was going. She said she still hadn't heard back from the midwifery course and was waiting for her name to come up. Her boss told her that she was sure her name was called 6 months earlier, so she had missed her start in the course. She was very upset and her mother called the matron.

The matron said they were still willing to take her in for the course as she was near 18 now anyway, however because she missed her call, there was now a 7 year waiting list.

Even though she could have gone on working while waiting, she said she had lost hope and was afraid she would only miss her call again.

She said she was in her mid-60s and every day that goes past she regrets never becoming a midwife.

She asked me to promise her that i will never give up on my goal to become a midwife - that I won't let anyone stop me or get in my way.

Although incredibly sad, I was really really inspired by her and the fact that she chose to share her story with me, a stranger.

Sorry for going on, I just wanted to share as it made my day