Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oops I remember Nikki baker

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    Renee and can't remember the other lady on Wednesdays
    I had renee last year too. Have her this year as well as Tracey and Mariza.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How has everyone's week been?
    I absolutely live the a &p but not keen on the aged care part lol
    I'm going for that interview on Monday for a personal care worker aged care. I know I prefer to be a nurse but I'm not sure I will get the time to study and I can't afford to put my 2 kids in daycare 4 days a week.
    Sucks really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Hey everyone.

I'm feeling like i don't want to do the course any more. A lot of it is to do with the course provider. They are just so unorganised and unsupportive. They've had no idea what's going on the whole way along. They can't answer any questions with a definitive answer.
    I feel like i haven't learnt a thing in the 8 or whatever weeks it is now. We have to pass 5 practical modules before we can actually go on prac. I don't really know what i'm doing as i have no nursing experience what so ever and we only get maybe an hour or 2 in a group per week to learn a new skill. I feel like i won't be able to pass them.

We now have 2 written assignments due in a couple of weeks on top of the A&P stuff. It just seems like way too much to try and pack in.

Initially almost half the class got preceptorships with a private hospital but now TAFE is fighting about the contract and it will probably be canned so we will most likely have to do our prac through TAFE... but what makes it really bad they won't give us a definitive answer either way. So we don't know the dates or where we are going. I have to give work a minimum of 3 weeks notice that i can't work but how am i meant to do so when i don't know the dates i need off!?... AARRGGHH... is pretty much how i'm feeling right now.

The census date has passed though so i'm already almost $10k in debt.

How is everyone else going anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Can anyone studying Diploma of Nursing .... Could you let me know what the assignments are like... Are they involved or lots of research etc.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by melb81 View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone studying Diploma of Nursing .... Could you let me know what the assignments are like... Are they involved or lots of research etc.

Thanks
    I think it will vary a lot, dependant upon where you are studying.
    All of our a&p assignments are open book.
    We've just been given 2 written assignments on law and the Australia health care setting. The first one is 16 pages long and we have 2 weeks to do it. It doesn't seem all that in depth though. The teachers have omitted links to necessary resources though so we'll have to see how that pans out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow open book for a&p that's great.
    We have been told all tests will be closed.

I am doing a Introduction to nursing and we have open book. I'm third week in and have 3 assignments due.
    One is on dementia and another is a skills simulation the other is a&p naming areas of the body and functions etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a interview today for a traineeship in aged care CRT 3 and I find out by Friday.
    Starts in June and goes for 6 months.

Apparently after 2 years I can then study diploma of enrolled nursing there which would be awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im still around, getting into my assigments lol.. All Our exams are Online so open book. We start Prac when we come back from holidays in April, so this is our last week of classrom. We have sim wards though that are pretty fun - theyre actually old hospital wards so the set up is the same. Really enjoying the coursework so far.

Lol im still not sure about being a nurse either Harvest Moon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by codex View Post
    Im still around, getting into my assigments lol.. All Our exams are Online so open book. We start Prac when we come back from holidays in April, so this is our last week of classrom. We have sim wards though that are pretty fun - theyre actually old hospital wards so the set up is the same. Really enjoying the coursework so far.

Lol im still not sure about being a nurse either Harvest Moon...
    Are you studying through a TAFE? Sounds similar to my course. We have sim days and do our a&p test online. We also start prac after the hols... Although we still have 2 or 3 weeks left of term.

I'm really not sure about nursing. The more i think about it the more i think it's not for me and lose motivation to focus on study.