+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanathan View Post
    Lucymoo,
    Couldn't you do diploma at caboolture tafe do the part time option?
    April 15 is the enrollment date. It also has 2 week blocks like gcit
    BNIT has the part time online course, but with VET Fee Help. It is still a consideration, the blocks would need to be at Ithaca instead of the GC.

Both lots of prac blocks would be 2 weeks each semester. Then theres the full time Diploma at Caboolture, which would cut down the travel time.

Ive done the calculations, and the travel money saved from going to Southbank almost every day will more than cover the cost of travelling to the GC even.

I'm just not coping with the face to face aspect of it. DD was very sick last week and I missed a couple of days because of that. And she gets sick all the time. Even studying in Caboolture would be easier, when you get the "Your child is sick" call and you're still 2 hours away from home its really hard, plus I'm tired all the time, I'm snapping at DD and have no time for her. She needs to come first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    BNIT has the part time online course, but with VET Fee Help. It is still a consideration, the blocks would need to be at Ithaca instead of the GC.
    Would you have to actually travel to the GC for prac? I saw GCIT students at Greenslopes private. Perhaps they offer prac at other locations too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm going to be starting my Dip in June through correspondence.
    My only worry is the prac side of things which I'll be doing at my local hospital.
    How do other mothers manage it? I currently have a 14 week old and 2 almost 4 year olds.
    I only started my course in January so i'm still yet to go on prac. We have our first 4 weeks starting on the 29th of April. I'm a bit worried about it too as we have no idea what our shifts will be and i obviously need to arrange childcare around it.

I'm hoping it all works out otherwise i will be left with one nasty HELP debt and nothing to show for it.

Good luck for when you start!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Would you have to actually travel to the GC for prac? I saw GCIT students at Greenslopes private. Perhaps they offer prac at other locations too?
    For placement (the 3 weeks placement) I can get placement up here, it's just the 2 weeks labs/face-time that I'd need to travel to. My mother has "disallowed" me from doing that one - HAH. So if I choose that one it'll be an argument with her :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    For placement (the 3 weeks placement) I can get placement up here, it's just the 2 weeks labs/face-time that I'd need to travel to. My mother has "disallowed" me from doing that one - HAH. So if I choose that one it'll be an argument with her :-/
    Oh no! I hope you figure something out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Before I started this course introduction to nursing I applied for a traineeship as a personal worker and I got a email before asking me to go for a interview.
    I get to study on the job with an aged care place doing cert 3 and get paid as well.
    I'm not entirely sure whether I want to do aged care but I guess it will give me an idea what it's like to work in the health industry.
    I eomd hate it if I started the diploma then realized I hated it.
    What do you guys think?
    I'm going to keep studying the course which has another 8 weeks to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Before I started this course introduction to nursing I applied for a traineeship as a personal worker and I got a email before asking me to go for a interview.
    I get to study on the job with an aged care place doing cert 3 and get paid as well.
    I'm not entirely sure whether I want to do aged care but I guess it will give me an idea what it's like to work in the health industry.
    I eomd hate it if I started the diploma then realized I hated it.
    What do you guys think?
    I'm going to keep studying the course which has another 8 weeks to go
    It's a tough one. I'm not even 100% sure i want to be a nurse but took the plunge and risk and commenced the diploma.
    Initially i dabbled over the idea of doing a cert. 3 in acute care to get a taste of what it might be like but decided against it. Personally i couldn't think of anything worse than working in aged care and being an AIN, that's where most of the work is.
    At the end of the day it's entirely up to you. If do go and do the aged care cert. You will get some rpl if you decide to to the diploma in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sort of agree with you. Aged care is like looking after big babies . Lol.
    You feed , turn them over, help them walk etc.
    Not that there's nothing wrong with that, but I definately think I want to be a nurse.
    Who knows what to do.
    Maybe I talk to my teacher tomorrow and see what ideas she has

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sort of agree with you. Aged care is like looking after big babies . Lol.
    You feed , turn them over, help them walk etc.
    Not that there's nothing wrong with that, but I definately think I want to be a nurse.
    Who knows what to do.
    Maybe I talk to my teacher tomorrow and see what ideas she has
    Which teachers do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Renee and can't remember the other lady on Wednesdays