+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Enrolled Nursing Students

Haha I've just started on Duromine (both to help with ADD and weight loss - 26kg overweight - thought I'd add that because the judgement comes flying! Lol) and it seems to be a confidence and concentration pill for me Yeah ours was closed book, on the intro (cells etc), integumentary and respiratory systems. We have one every 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've heard good things about duromine. I would like to try it as i have about 20kgs or so of weight to lose myself. From what i've been told i'm not classed as overweight enough though.

Our course providers have no idea what they are doing which isn't very reassuring. They have no idea what our assessments are. It's not very fair considering we have $14k of HELP debt riding on this course.

Today they got as far as to tell us that the A&P test will consist of the first 6 topics we've covered. They are still sketchy on all other details though.

Thanks
    Reviews

About Duromine, for me it's brilliant. No nasty side effects or anything. I just feel normal.

As far as the providers knowing nothing goes, that's just wrong :-/ I'd be a lite frightened too! If you need help let me know. Have you got text books?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Enrolled Nursing Students

Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    About Duromine, for me it's brilliant. No nasty side effects or anything. I just feel normal.

As far as the providers knowing nothing goes, that's just wrong :-/ I'd be a lite frightened too! If you need help let me know. Have you got text books?
    Oh wow, thank you!

So far we got an a&p textbook and 3 fundamentals of nursing ones as well. Apparently there is at least another one to come.
    I've got a little first aid book to do exercises in as we are doing our first aid course on Tuesday.
    We seem to have to do a fair chunk of stuff online too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I know from my experience with A&P and the exam, the Marieb text book (can't remember the name) is gold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    I know from my experience with A&P and the exam, the Marieb text book (can't remember the name) is gold.
    I just looked up her name and there seems to be a fair few.
    We use 'visual essentials of anatomy & physiology' by martini.
    We can log on online and do labeling exercises and the likes which i think helps.
    I downloaded a few apps for my phone too but none of those seem all that useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I was on duromine a few years ago and lost 20kg worked well for me only side effect was constipation (TMI lol) first few days I felt drunk but that passed. I would go on it again but it's so expensive.

I agree marieb text book was gold also for fun I used this anatomy lite program was a fun game to help remember where everything is the one with the old professor.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Jensha, is yours an iphone? I have an app that uses the same icon on android but it's called 'speed anatomy'. So not sure if it's the same thing?
    I was thinking of having a look on itunes and just using the kids ipod or ipad if there was anything decent.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I was on duromine a few years ago and lost 20kg worked well for me only side effect was constipation (TMI lol) first few days I felt drunk but that passed. I would go on it again but it's so expensive.

I agree marieb text book was gold also for fun I used this anatomy lite program was a fun game to help remember where everything is the one with the old professor.
    It's nice to hear when people have good experiences I've lost a kilo overnight (water weight is guess) but a loss is a loss. Can help but step on the scales every day My own worst enemy! So 25kg to go

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Jensha, is yours an iphone? I have an app that uses the same icon on android but it's called 'speed anatomy'. So not sure if it's the same thing?
    I was thinking of having a look on itunes and just using the kids ipod or ipad if there was anything decent.

I'll have a look at my blackboard on tonight and post up some awesome links. I can't study by reading, I need to do something! Heaps of online quizzes and "games" - its how I prepared for my exam

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi,

What were the requirements that you needed to get into the course? How did you apply for the course through the hospital? How many hours/ days are you required to do a week? I was looking at the cert IV in enrolled nursing but got told I had to do cert III in acute nursing first. I really want a career change but can't afford not to work. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.