+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Second hand car seat for new born...yay or nah??

It was actually the fact that they wrapped the baby before placing her in the seat.
    The whole issue was it was 2nd hand and didn't come with a manual which states that babies should not be wrapped in the car seat.
    It wasn't actually the *seat* at fault.
    It was a combination of ridiculous, irresponsible driving and a lack of car safety knowledge due to (the mother claims) no safety manual with the seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Second hand car seat for new born...yay or nah??

I would use a second hand seat from a trusted family member or friend, otherwise no
    If a seat has been in a serious accident it may be comprimised structurally .

That said the previously mentioned article made me want to slap the idiot launching this 'investigation' into baning second hand seats

A) the baby was incorrectly strapped into her seat and i think only an idiot would not look and go hmmm her arms and legs aren't.even.in where they legally need to go b) the car hit a tree at speeds of 118km / h when the recomended safety limit of the bend was 40

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Second hand car seat for new born...yay or nah??

Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    I would only buy second hand if it was from a trusted family member or friend, not a stranger off the Internet
    This.

You need to know the history of the seat. You need to be able to trust the people you buying it off to tell you the truth.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I know there are other factors and her parents are complete idiots, but I do believe the use of secondhand seats should be investigated (and not just because of a lack of manual).

The volunteer who installed our seat at the QLD ambos said he had come across a few in his time which had cracks etc...it's ridiculous that they weren't examined properly by the parents, but maybe if there are stricter guidelines and a bit more awareness, it will happen less. The awareness factor is particularly a big deal.

I don't think they should be banned, but they should be safety checked by a professional if used previously.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone! I think I will buy two brand new seats in a lower price!! Lol unexpected twins!!
    Maybe I should wait to buy after Xmas? Should be some discount or sale during that time?