+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If she wants to believe, why not help her?

My daughter is getting a little skeptical but she absolutely wants to believe, so I help her do that. If she asks, I say, "Well... what do you think? Do you really think I'd be the one buying all these toys?" etc. She knows I'm cheap and tight, so that helps.

If she was genuinely wanting to know, I'd tell teh truth, but she WANTS to believe, she is clinging to it hoping it's real so I'll help her believe it if I can for the next few years.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have turned the question around on them if I thought they were too young/not ready. Now that they're getting older (and still believe) I am planning on telling whichever child finds out that Santa may not be a real person but that Santa more refers to a special kind of Christmas magic, that it's the idea of 'Santa' that makes Christmas so magical and special and exciting, and I will tell them the importance of keeping the 'Santa magic' alive for younger kids (ie by not blabbing about Santa being fake) and I will make them feel all special by allowing them to be in on 'the big secret' and helping younger kids have a magical Christmas.

As an aside, my almost 10yo still believes in Santa.
    My just turned 5yo turned to me afew months ago after I mentioned Santa and very matter of factly said "mum, you know Santa's not real right, it's just the parents"
    I changed the subject.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course Santa is real!!! Do you think me and the kids wrote letters to an imaginary person??? How else do the pressies arrive??

This "Santa's not real" stuff is crazy talk!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (09-11-2012),αληθη  (09-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (09-11-2012),sparklebug  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Next you'll be saying there is no Tooth Fairy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does Santa exist???

I would say what do you think?

I believed in santa til i was 11, my older sister never believed as at 4 she said santa isn't real mum, no way not.possible and mum told her the truth (as her older son once said you lie to me, you told me santa was real)

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The other day i was saying to my 3yo dd that i love xmas. She then replied that santa will come and he brings presents for all the children. This is what they were saying at her childcare. I then asked her if santa was real and she said yes (she thinks tinkerbell and fairies are real too). I will just go along with it because i dont want to spoil her fun.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im really curious what happens at my sons school. It is very multicutrual and DS goes on about Santa and Christmas a lot at home. I want to know what will happen at school when he says this sort of stuff to people who dont celebrate it. He has already asked me who this god person is that people talk about lol So I have explained that different people believe in all sorts of different things. I can see it coming up again soon.

As for our house and Santa. If you dont believe in Santa and the magic of Christmas, YOU GET NOTHING. Keep the magic alive and make it fun for everyone involved.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Does Santa exist???

Even as an adult I like to think Santa is real. Just because it brings a little fun, imagination and excitement about this time of year and why not! I know the truth deep down, but id rather have an imagination.

When DD is old enough and curious enough to know ill cross that bridge when it comes. But it's up to her if she wants to think he's real or not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Does Santa exist???

Let them watch movies about it. I love miracle on 34th st and Polar express. The first the little girl doesn't believe but ends up believing in Santa and the second he is unsure until finally he meets Santa.

I love the magic of Christmas and Santa so I will be helping my kids believe as long as I can.

Also I had a brother who was 6 yrs younger than me so I pretended a lot longer than I believed and got quite good at answering some common doubts..

A couple explanations for things, Santa only comes when you are sleeping. The reason you see Santa at more than one shop is because they are his helpers, he is way too busy to just sit and have photos. If they happen to find presents, Santa was really busy this yr and dropped them off early so that you could help out.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a Santa nay-sayer. He doesn't visit our house.

I've never told my daughter one way or another though and let her draw her own conclusion from the world around her. She thinks it's a game and still finds amusement in stories, etc.