+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    She's old enough for the "zookeeper for a day" program at Australia Zoo
    I have heard it's great for that age group

https://www.australiazoo.com.au/educ...per-for-a-day/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks everyone!

We have VIP passes for SeaWorld, Movie World and Wet n Wild, so that's kind of covered already.

Biscotti, why did I not look at Aust Zoo? Bleh. Such a fool. Thanks! lol. I looked at SeaWorld and Alma Park (cos that's not too far away) etc... but forgot about Aust Zoo.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Definitely NOT an iPad. She has enough electronic crap to help her zone out from the world already... lol.

I guess I'm mostly looking for a big-ticket item. The small bits of crafty stuff is easy enough to do... but usually she gets one big thing... and this year, I have no idea what on earth that could even be.

Anyway, thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Actually as a PP mentioned, jewellery is a good idea if she's into that. Last year DD's big present was a beautiful butterfly jewellery stand filled with jewellery. She loves it !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How about a charm bracelet that you can then keep adding charms to each bday etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What about horse riding lessons? That can be really special as it's often something they can't do until they're 7 so it's like "now you're really big you can learn to ride a horse". We've told DD1 she can do horse riding lessons next year if she completes the next 2 swimming levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my 7 year old niece a silver necklace with her name ( got her "nickname" that the family call her ) she loves it wears it all the time plus a bottle of Barbie perfume. She was quite taken by the personalised books I got dd with her name, DOB and address etc written through the book like she was a character. I know it's not big ticket items but something that is made especially for her she might like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 7-year-old Christmas present ideas... HELP!

Does she enjoy gardening? You could get her a small raised garden bed and let her take charge of buying her own flowers or something similar

I think a camera is a great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ta guys.

She's not really a jewellery girl. She has a few pretty pieces from relatives, but doesn't like wearing them. Otherwise that would be a great idea! lol.

She's also a bit timid around animals. I think if I organised her to ride a horse, we'd spend most of the time trying to coax her to get on a horse. Small animals yes, bigger animals... not so much her thing. lol. She's more of a looker than a toucher for the big ones.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7-year-old Christmas present ideas... HELP!

You mentioned no tech stuff- but what about a Kindle? I love mine and feel like I am being 'tech' whilst also satisfying my book nerd qualities

I also agree with Enid Blyton books- the magic faraway tree is my all time fav series and I cannot wait for my children to enjoy it also

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 7 and an only child also. This year she has put in an order for roller blades. Our local skate rink sells them for $80-$90 and they are expandable and cover 3 sizes. I would prefer her to have roller skates because I love the retro-ness (I know - not a word) but she is insistent she is asking Santa for blades.

She will also be getting Monster High dolls and a Monster High bunk bed, a couple of dvds, rubiks cube, twister game, jenga, bead set (to make jewellery), havianas, clothes, Billie B Brown box set of books (was getting Fairy Magic books but she received the full 40 odd boxed set from a teenage friend), some makeup (for playing), toiletry bag. I've got more but it's hidden in a box upstairs and I've forgotten what's in it.

I've asked the family to give her a bean bag (which she has wanted for a couple of years) and a microphone. She loves to sing and I thought I would make the neighbours listen. Hehehehe.

Last year she received a big tub of lego. We've been playing that all year and she will quite often sit on her own and build stuff. Last year as her big present she received a bike with gears which she needed.

Hope I've given you some ideas. If I think of any more, I'll let you know.