+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I being silly?

I'm not sure if im just overreacting or just being silly, but I noticed I seem to get extremely annoyed or upset when ..
    - I take bub out and I'm with family or friends, when strangers come up and ask me questions about bub, and before I get to answer them, someone steps in and answers the question for me. Or when asked about bub such as if she's ready for solids or blabla someone steps in and answers for me! This seems to be happening quite a lot and it drives me insane!

- I make a decision about bub that I feel is best for her, people feel the need to criticise or correct me on the decision. For instance, bubs slept in my bed since day one and MIL told me that I've turned her into a "bad baby" because she's used to sleeping next to me ... Um?!

*Sigh* Am I being unreasonable to get upset/annoyed? Seems like half of motherhood is dealing with criticism/defending my decisions
    Ladies, what do you get on a daily basis that drives you insane?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think you're being unreasonable. But you do need to just remember that once you've had a baby, suddenly every freaking person you end up within a 2km radius of is suddenly an expert on your child. And you just have to ignore them because 98% of them are full of crap. Even if they're trying to be helpful.

Ignore it, and keep doing what you're doing. Im sure you're doing a great job.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Am I being silly?

My mum does it and it annoys me. I know she's just so excited about her granddaughter but it is annoying if she talks over me.

She also tells other people things I've told her about what the kids are doing in front of me, misquotes me and barrels on if I try to correct her.

..... I let it ride but it does get under my skin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Am I being silly?

I try to ignore it mostly. The only time it really bothers me is when DP does it. E.g. tonight he was complaining that DS doesnt stay in his bed and that I'm too soft on him. In reality, he stays in his bed most nights and comes to me when he needs me or something is bothering him. I like that he knows I am here for him and will comfort him.

I don't think I've encountered many family members answering for me though. I would get frustrated about that only if they were saying something I didn't agree with though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub