+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Areola itchy then peeling!! Help please!!

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on my current problem!! Been bf for 3 months now and over the last couple of weeks my areolas have become very itchy!! Then they started peeling!! Eeek!! After a feed you can clearly see where DS has been sucking as its very red/pink!! Feeding DS has become slightly painful due to the peeling skin. I'm also finding when I take my bra off, the areola is stuck it... eeek again!! Finding blood stains from the peeling skin inside bra too! What could it be?? Eczema?? But why now when I have been feeding fine for months!! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds similar to what I had when I was bf. Turned out I had breast thrush.... Common but uncomfortable.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Could it be nipple thrush?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Thrush? I'd make a dr appt if I were you.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was thinking maybe it was thrush... But DS isn't showing any signs of thrush (mouth or bottom). I'm not having the stabbing pain breast pain that thrush brings either... This is my first BF experience and there is sooo much to take in!! I shall trot off to the doctors tomorrow! Thanks for the tips girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    In the meantime, I'd pop on some lanolin/lanisoh and give your boobs some air drying time.