+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Day 17 falling in a heap.

Day 17

Today I just seem to fall in a heap. After the last few days of extreme stress and using every bit of my willpower to not just get on a plane and to respect my daughters wishes, a not become that lioness mummy that all young adults hate. I get that she needs to learn to deal with these things herself after all in 13mths she will be living overseas. It so hard as a mum to sit back and not interfere when they are so very sick. Somehow I manage to push past all of that and get my bum into gear and get my Zumba done.

Today it is is a struggle to just get anything done. In saying that I am going to head over and do my workout as soon as I have finished this post. I promised myself I would not go to bed until it is done and I won't. I need this. I need to do well. I need to get fit not just for my sake but that of my kids. They need and deserve a healthy fit mum that can do things with them.

I have had a bad day food wise as I just didn't have the energy to put into doing it properly. I had a chicken breast out to cook for myself but there was 2 sausage left from hubby's and the kids meal. I am so lazy that I ate them instead of waiting for the chicken to cook.

I promise tomorrow will be better.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    IT IS OK!!! It's ok to have a sausage or two if you want. I promise it is. I bet you've been really good all of this week so far! Right? So allow yourself the sausages, and move on.

I'm sorry life is so stressful for you right now xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (08-11-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with Nomsie. Don't beat yourself up about something like smallgoods. I have spend the day punishing myself for *failing* yesterday and it didn't get me anywhere. This challenge is about lifestyle changes and they have to be sustainable and realistic, because we have long, real, lives ahead of us.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thanks Nomsie, I am hoping everything will settle soon.

Well I finish my Exhilarate workout and even managed to land a few of the jumps where you land in the crossed position. My chicken is finally cooked so I will chuck it in the fridge for tomorrow. Which will be good as I need to make 2 lasagna for a injured mum at school tomorrow. So it will save me a heap of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I agree with Nomsie. Don't beat yourself up about something like smallgoods. I have spend the day punishing myself for *failing* yesterday and it didn't get me anywhere. This challenge is about lifestyle changes and they have to be sustainable and realistic, because we have long, real, lives ahead of us.
    Your right. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I couldn't agree with the girls more! I'm so proud of you for picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting back on track with your workout. These slip-ups will happen, of course they will. There will be birthdays and parties and Christmases that we can't avoid. If we're going to do this for the rest of our lives and not just for eight weeks we need to allow ourselves those slips and as long as 90% of the time we're doing the right thing then those "slips" will just become "treats" that keep us sane. Have a clean eating day tomorrow and you'll forget those sausages ever happened.

Yay for making progress on your jumps, too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 17 falling in a heap.

I agree with every GQ just said. It is unrealistic to expect you will never eat anything you feel that you "shouldn't". But the key difference is, you now put thought into your food. You know sausages aren't the best choice and my instinct is that you will compensate by making great choices tomorrow. If you are like me then in the past you wouldn't have given the eating of sausages a second thought.
    Yay for jumps!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to purplesparkles For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks, I cope better with bad food when I planned around them. The stress is what really sends me into a spin. Thankfully that seems to be lifting now as my daughter seems to be much better.