+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 181
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    It's her right to do it, but I think it's gross. Sorry, but you asked.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,466
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    35
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    I don't see why anyone should care?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I think she has awesome staying power. I had to stop when DS was nearly 3 - I'd had a gutfull, well a boobfull actually.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,600
    Thanks
    3,256
    Thanked
    4,044
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

    Default Re: 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Actually it is GREAT it is news worthy! Everytime we hear a story about a preschooler or toddler being breastfed, it becomes less shocking and more normal. Everytime we hear an older Mum doing it that has struggled to get pregnant it reassures another Mum going through a similar thing who has doubts. She is really doing every breastfeeding Mum a favour
    I agree it's pretty cool from a few angles!

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    I don't think a 4yo needs breastmilk. The child is too old IMO.

    Me + DH
    DS 2
    DD
    :-)

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sautéed with bacon
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,695
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiedough View Post
    I don't think a 4yo needs breastmilk. The child is too old IMO.

    Me + DH
    DS 2
    DD
    :-)
    So.... Does a 4yr old NEED cows milk? Or is it too old? Cows milk is actually made for baby cows...not humans.
    I just can't wrap my head around people saying children are too old for breast milk, but it's ok to have milk from another species designed for their babies?

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

    intruderalert1234  (08-11-2012),RobinSparkles  (08-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (08-11-2012)

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    868
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked
    264
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    So.... Does a 4yr old NEED cows milk? Or is it too old? Cows milk is actually made for baby cows...not humans.
    I just can't wrap my head around people saying children are too old for breast milk, but it's ok to have milk from another species designed for their babies?
    I don't believe the hype around the need for dairy (cows / goats etc) past weening age tbh , if it's true than human evolution stuffed up somewhere because no other creature in existance needs to consume dairy it's entire life span.

    I drink dairy because i don't like black coffee lol,
    My mum can't stand dairy and has good bones
    Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

    PayItForward  (10-11-2012)

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    892
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked
    746
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    So.... Does a 4yr old NEED cows milk? Or is it too old? Cows milk is actually made for baby cows...not humans.
    I just can't wrap my head around people saying children are too old for breast milk, but it's ok to have milk from another species designed for their babies?
    Well humans in general don't actually need cows milk at all do they? Aren't there much more efficient ways to get any of the health benefits that milk may offer? Parents make the choice to give their children milk just like this woman has made the choice to continue breastfeeding I guess.

    I think cookiedough was probably saying that a 4 year old doesn't need breastmilk in a nutritional sense (I could be wrong). And I really don't know enough to comment on that. Does a 4 year old really get nutritional benefit from breasmilk or are the child and mother doing it as more of a bonding/comfort thing? Serious question.

    And on that path, if 4 is not too old, when is? 6? 8? If a 15 year old wanted to breastfeed and the mother was capable of producing milk is that still not a big deal?

    For my part, it doesn't really bother me. If it's working for her and the kid then it's between them. But it's kind of interesting.

    And as I said in my earlier post, this woman has obviously agreed to do an interview for a womens mag, so she mustn't mind the idea of people commenting and speculating on her choices too much.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

    Deserama  (09-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (09-11-2012),PayItForward  (10-11-2012)

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sautéed with bacon
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,695
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    I don't believe the hype around the need for dairy (cows / goats etc) past weening age tbh , if it's true than human evolution stuffed up somewhere because no other creature in existance needs to consume dairy it's entire life span.

    I drink dairy because i don't like black coffee lol,
    My mum can't stand dairy and has good bones
    Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub
    I agree. That's my whole point.
    I love dairy milk. I could never give it up. I really really enjoy it. It may/may not have some nutritional value, that's the great debate!
    So why can't children really really enjoy breast milk and just want it? Especially since we know how beneficial and nutritional it is.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

    meme  (09-11-2012)

  14. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    868
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked
    264
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Well humans in general don't actually need cows milk at all do they? Aren't there much more efficient ways to get any of the health benefits that milk may offer? Parents make the choice to give their children milk just like this woman has made the choice to continue breastfeeding I guess.

    I think cookiedough was probably saying that a 4 year old doesn't need breastmilk in a nutritional sense (I could be wrong). And I really don't know enough to comment on that. Does a 4 year old really get nutritional benefit from breasmilk or are the child and mother doing it as more of a bonding/comfort thing? Serious question.

    And on that path, if 4 is not too old, when is? 6? 8? If a 15 year old wanted to breastfeed and the mother was capable of producing milk is that still not a big deal?

    For my part, it doesn't really bother me. If it's working for her and the kid then it's between them. But it's kind of interesting.

    And as I said in my earlier post, this woman has obviously agreed to do an interview for a womens mag, so she mustn't mind the idea of people commenting and speculating on her choices too much.
    I have never met a 15 year old who still has thr suckling ability required for nursing , evolutionarily speaking children usually totally loose that ability around 7-8 years old.

    Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub


 

Similar Threads

  1. Working woman have to work 64 days more per year to earn the same as a man
    By WorkingClassMum in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 16:23
  2. Anyone studying first year Bachelor Nursing at Logan this year?
    By Mumma2threecherubs in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 14:15
  3. Can anyone give me a ruff amount a first year RN or a first year midwife would make?
    By Mumma2threecherubs in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 08:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays. We also offer outdoor programs during the summer months (Oct-Mar) at Rostrevor college.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!