+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

Her boobs her kid, no law being broken , i don't get why this was a 'news' worthy piece tbh

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Good on her....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (10-11-2012),meme  (09-11-2012),SPC  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    and this is news worthy.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I heard this woman being interviewed the other day on radio.
    "people" actually rang in saying it was disgusting, and she was damaging her child because it would leave her with memories of sucking a breast.
    It was hideous.
    I can't believe people actually care that much that much to make unfounded ridiculous comments.

It's just a non issue for me.
    People are gross and stupid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    good on her!! i think its pretty awesome that she was able to continue breastfeeding that long given her age (some people my age struggle to breastfeed for a couple of months let alone a couple of years)
    i dont see the difference between a 20-40 something year old breastfeeding a 3-4 year old to a 50 yr old bf her 4 yr old.

people are stupid. its not like she is forcing her child to bf.... that would be a different story. they are both happy bf. thats that, end of story!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I heard this woman being interviewed the other day on radio.
    "people" actually rang in saying it was disgusting, and she was damaging her child because it would leave her with memories of sucking a breast.
    It was hideous.
    I can't believe people actually care that much that much to make unfounded ridiculous comments.

It's just a non issue for me.
    I don't know about other people, but I cant remember what I was doing when I was 10 let alone 4. The kid would have a fabulous immune system and probably a very close bond with her mother. I wouldn't do it for that long personally but each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

I wish *I* was still breastfeeding mine. They get sick every week. Their immune systems are weak.

Also. I love breastfeeding, and hate my body for letting me down both times at 4 months.

I can't see any big deal, if there is in fact a big deal. I envy her boobs staying power!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was curious as to why it would be published in a magazine? I don't know what the point of the story was really, - it was on the front cover even... I thought it was unusual to be putting it out as a front cover subject.. so i wondered why it would matter.?

But yes, I do agree with everyone else, as long as they do what they want, each to their own. they look happy enough, feels right for them, good on them.

but definately weird to be in a well known magazine. i'm sure plenty of women that age do the same thing really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Who cares.
    Given the magazine(s) the OP said it was in I can only assume the woman chose to give the interview, so I guess it is she who wants people to care for some reason?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Actually it is GREAT it is news worthy! Everytime we hear a story about a preschooler or toddler being breastfed, it becomes less shocking and more normal. Everytime we hear an older Mum doing it that has struggled to get pregnant it reassures another Mum going through a similar thing who has doubts. She is really doing every breastfeeding Mum a favour

Your right, sometimes I forget that others don't see it as normal Like I do.

I on my 11th year (over a 18yr period) of breastfeeding so it just so normal to me.