+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I agree D. A marriage breakdown bc of breast feeding tells me there's bigger issues than that. As for the whole jealous thing - on one hand I understand it must for hard for a person whose partner bfs a lot and in the first few months is all about the child. But really? isn't that just being a parent? I ff my kids and pretty much every moment was about them for a good 2 years of their life....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Google it babe.
    I did thank you!

It was ranked one of the lowest in the world in 2005. The article Headoverfeat quoted mentioned the study done in Kenya in 2002. So therefore I agree that in KENYA where standard of living is so low and that it is predicted that it's not going to improve in a hurry then I would say that the statistics have a great impact in this developing country, however, it is not accurate to then relate these statistics to those living in the developed countries.

Considering children would only be having a small feed 1/2 times a day at the age of 4 onwards, and where their diet/nutrition/immune systems are supported by clean water, food, hygiene and the availability of medicines etc, therefore I do believe that breastfeeding at the age of 4 onwards would not have a significant impact on a child's health.

The only time I would doubt this would be if the child is having several good feeds a day and/or living in third world conditions as that of the children in Kenya at the time of that study.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I agree D. A marriage breakdown bc of breast feeding tells me there's bigger issues than that. As for the whole jealous thing - on one hand I understand it must for hard for a person whose partner bfs a lot and in the first few months is all about the child. But really? isn't that just being a parent? I ff my kids and pretty much every moment was about them for a good 2 years of their life....
    I would say that there are issues within the marriage or the person who's feeling the jealousy themselves to actually feel jealous of a little baby for taking his mother's time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I remember an article by a man who wanted his wife to stop breastfeeding because he missed out on "his" boobs. The entire thing reaked of control issues and possessivness of his wife's body.

I think people would have to be living on cloud cuckoo to think that things won't change once baby arrives. I think a marriage will inevitibly come to a crashing end if there is no patience or understanding for a mother's new role and just how time-consuming motherhood is, whether a baby is breastfed or fed with formula!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

delirium  (11-11-2012),misskittyfantastico  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I remember an article by a man who wanted his wife to stop breastfeeding because he missed out on "his" boobs. The entire thing reaked of control issues and possessivness of his wife's body.

I think people would have to be living on cloud cuckoo to think that things won't change once baby arrives. I think a marriage will inevitibly come to a crashing end if there is no patience or understanding for a mother's new role and just how time-consuming motherhood is, whether a baby is breastfed or fed with formula!

I read a similar article actually and yes it did seem to be the father's control issues. Kinda made me feel like the ones who would say "If I can't have you then no one can" type thing. *shivers*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I find it creepy tbh. A man who wants to stop his own child feeding so he can have boobs for himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing the woman as a possession? Object? Boobs as sexual objects only? Odd!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post

Unfortunately my DH has a friend like the one in the article. He didn't like didn't like his wife bf-ing their baby and wanted her to stop at 6mths as it was ruining their life. She did stop but he still left her a bit later. Too much pressure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: 50 year old woman breastfeeding 4 year old...? what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Unfortunately my DH has a friend like the one in the article. He didn't like didn't like his wife bf-ing their baby and wanted her to stop at 6mths as it was ruining their life. She did stop but he still left her a bit later. Too much pressure!
    Gross

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont think the mothers age really plays apart, ME PERSONALLY i wouldnt still be brestfeeding a 4 year old, i have a family member who still brestfed her 4 year old daughter, which sure fine if thats what you want to do thats your choice, but her daughter would just walk up to her and pull her boob out and start sucking away, did not matter where they were, as much as I think that breast feeding in public gets a bad wrap, i still feel you have to be mindful of those around you, its a little uncomfortable when your standing having a conversation and whoop out pops a boob, i guess im abit more of a prude and am abit more discreet about feeding in public, lol
    but each to their own i say,
    personally as soon as they have teeth theres no way there on my boob lol