+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roopee View Post
    I once knew a person who would put her toilet brush and holder in the dishwasher to clean it.
    Granted, the dishwasher was apparently always empty at the time but I DO remember vomitting in my mouth a little when she told me.
    Blergh! You win.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (22-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (22-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The no soap in the bathroom thing kinda gets me cause I never feel like I can eat comfortably knowing I havent washed my hands properly.

As for indoor pets, I have heaps. The thing is, most of them are tank animals (fish, spider and snake) so while I can see the spider and snake freaking some people out (I just shut the room door when those sorts of people come over) I really cant see how they are disgusting. They dont smell at all and thier mess is contained to thier enclosures. My cat more than makes up for it with the hair I am constantly vaccuming of couches and carpet. But we have to keep her little tray spotless seeing as she gets sick if we dont.

I love my pets though, so while I do keep them clean (especially if I know I have visitors coming) I really am not going to care if they gross people out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sort of spin off from the toilet mat thread*

If I don't feel comfortable with a standard of hygiene at someone's house, I distance myself if possible. It hasn't happened often because not a lot gets to me regarding how people behave in their own home. We all internally judge, but it's obviously considered rude to point out that you don't like how they keep their house, so I've stopped going to certain friends houses (we weren't that close anyway). One couple didn't seem to know how to empty a litter tray and the smell seemed to be absorbed into the house, and the other couple didn't seem to OWN a litter tray - there was a massive pile of cat poo behind the television! I have two cats and a dog, the cats are constantly inside and the dog is in 90%, but any surfaces that guests might touch are free from cat and dog hair, the dog won't jump and lick you unless you encourage her, the cats hide when strangers are in the house, and the litter tray is always cleaned prior to the arrival of guests.

My other peeves, either at home or someone else's house are:

- dish sponges used for washing dishes then cleaning up spills and getting reused as a dish sponge. I have 3 categories of sponges that DP had to get used to, lol!
    - toilet seats with evidence of previous use (I think I put that delicately enough!).
    - toilets that smell like you're in a public toilet.
    - when you're told to have a seat but every surface is covered in stuff.
    - watching a former friend hock up loogies and spit them into a bag she had hanging on the lounge room door for that purpose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    My dog has his own recliner which is covered in a blanket. Dog and blanket are washed regularly (blanket every week, dog every two weeks at least), I vacuum every day and the house is aired out every day.

Is that gross to you guys?
    animals inside at all is gross to me .

but as long as u didnt let me sit in the dogs seat if i came over to your house then its not a big issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That last one of hocking up in the bag on the door would get me, tummy churning just thinking about it :vomit:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Huni&Coco View Post
    That last one of hocking up in the bag on the door would get me, tummy churning just thinking about it :vomit:
    It was hard to keep breakfast down after seeing that, that's for sure. I stopped visiting because of that. Not my place to tell her not to do what she wants in her home, so I felt removing myself was best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    If I don't feel comfortable with a standard of hygiene at someone's house, I distance myself if possible. It hasn't happened often because not a lot gets to me regarding how people behave in their own home. We all internally judge, but it's obviously considered rude to point out that you don't like how they keep their house, so I've stopped going to certain friends houses (we weren't that close anyway). One couple didn't seem to know how to empty a litter tray and the smell seemed to be absorbed into the house, and the other couple didn't seem to OWN a litter tray - there was a massive pile of cat poo behind the television! I have two cats and a dog, the cats are constantly inside and the dog is in 90%, but any surfaces that guests might touch are free from cat and dog hair, the dog won't jump and lick you unless you encourage her, the cats hide when strangers are in the house, and the litter tray is always cleaned prior to the arrival of guests.

My other peeves, either at home or someone else's house are:

- dish sponges used for washing dishes then cleaning up spills and getting reused as a dish sponge. I have 3 categories of sponges that DP had to get used to, lol!
    - toilet seats with evidence of previous use (I think I put that delicately enough!).
    - toilets that smell like you're in a public toilet.
    - when you're told to have a seat but every surface is covered in stuff.
    - watching a former friend hock up loogies and spit them into a bag she had hanging on the lounge room door for that purpose.
    And the gold medal for most grossest friend goes to your friend, sorry. A bag ..for mouth stuff? I'm speechless!

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol, no need to apologise - it's probably the grossest thing I've seen someone do in front of someone else and act like its totally normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of teatowel haters out there! A friend's BF washes everything while boiling a kettle. Once he's done the dishes and they're in their rack, he tips the boiling water all over them! They dry streak free and somewhat less germy, I guess.

I don't like smelly fridges. Or dirty fridges. I hate it when someone serves me water and it has that taste from the fridge, IYKWIM. It just tastes gross.
    I also don't like the smell from clothes that linger too long in a washing machine, or the musty smell of a smoker who smokes indoors and doesn't wash enough... or air out the house. I guess I'm fussy about smells. I open the windows every morning when I wake up. It's nice to have a bit of a breeze through the house, and it smells nicer.

Bar soap. I like bar soap for myself when I shower, but if I have guests coming, I'll either put out a new bar for them, or I'll put out some liquid shower wash. I always assume they haven't brought their own, because I don't always. I have two bottles by the bathroom sink- one is hand alcohol, the other is hand wash. I also have hand wash by the kitchen sink, and outside by the tap. I also check every glass before I pour to make sure there isn't food stuck on! Ditto for plates. Just in case.

I hate unwrapped sanitary items and nappies in bins. I hate popping up the bins to put something in and getting a nasty view. I also hate it when I visit female friends and they don't have anywhere for me to dispose of my time of the month stuff in the bathroom WHERE DO THEY DO IT REALLY? I knew one friend who would put it in the kitchen bin.

I don't like a lot of things that other people don't like eg smokers etc. I'm divided on the pets indoor issue. I had a cat, so I'd always tell people where "her" spot was. I like it when pets have a "spot" in the living room, so they can do the bulk of their shedding there. I don't like dirty pets indoors. Or unwashed pet smell, or unchanged kitty litter smell.

I don't think it's wrong to go into someone's house and think "I don't like that, I really don't," because reading through, a lot of things that gross us out are unhygienic in some way- and it's TOTALLY fair enough that we don't want to get sick.