+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default "Menstrual Cup" users, I have some questions TMI

So I am new to this whole cup thing and have some questions. I tried using it the other day at the start of AF and it was hurting so decided to give it a day and try again.

My question is, when you insert, do you try and push it in as far as possible and THEN let the cup open or do you insert in, let cup open and then push it up further?

Also, do you run your finger around the edge every single time? I find this rather uncomfortable and have just inserted and hope to Goodness that it's in right...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I insert half way, let cup open and then push it up further while gently turning it. I don't run my finger around every time, I can usually tell if it has opened properly by the sound it makes, but if I'm not sure I will try and stick my finger in to see if it's open.

It took me a good 6 or so cycles to get the hang of it though. I'm extremely unco!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: "Menstrual Cup" users, I have some questions TMI

6 cycles! I only have about 3 cycles a year, ill be waiting 2 years! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky you!

I'm super unco-ordinated. I went back to tampons for a while as I got sick of spending half an hour in the bathroom every two hours fiddling around with the cup trying to get it right. Even now I still get it wrong sometimes and it ALWAYS leaks no matter what I do.. But I still find it better than tampons overall.

Thanks
    Reviews

:-( * that's a bit discouraging... I don't want to have to use liners or pads incase ot leaks each time. I'll give this ago, but if I find I can't reliably use it without backup ill have to swap back to tampons

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, insert halfway, then twist upwards slightly - mostly it'll open up right - and if i feel it doesn't, i push on the wall to give it more space (but its a slightly weird feeling - took time to get used to, and even now, i avoid doing it. bleh. )

just practice. i find it quite easy and comfortable now, but it took me three cycles to get used to. and then i went a few months without using it, but i find it relatively easy.

on my super heavy day i usually wear a pad, jic- especially sincei need to change it more often than i necessarily get a chance to. but the rest of the time i can definitely wear no pad+white pants safely

Thanks
    Reviews

On the topic of liners.... I can never find any that are comfortable. Most make me sweat Cause they are plastic backed and something always "dogs in" somewhere. What brand is everyone using that's soft and comfortable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

What sort of fold are you using when inserting? Youtube ' pinch fold'. I found it so much easier inserting this way.
    I don't ever run my finger around the top. Just put it in, it pops open then i push it up a bit further.
    Might sound weird but squatting can help get it into a comfortable position as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (08-11-2012),Happy2be3  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    assorted cloth pads LOL
    um, i use the clothpadshop occasionally. or monkee pantz & more (on facebook) <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default "Menstrual Cup" users, I have some questions TMI

You can usually tell if it has unfolded properly just be the feel of the bottom half. I can't push mine up too high before letting it open otherwise it gets stuck n my cervix. Also, be careful not to push it up too high once it is open as it will dig in under your cervix. I did that the first time I used it for AF and had to take it out to reposition it because it was so painful.

I bought my cup initially for inseminations, so I practised a bit putting it in mid cycle as I wanted practise so I wouldn't lose any spermies anywhere lol.