+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Santa not bringing what he asked for

As children my sisters and I always asked Santa for a surprise, we never wrote a list, although of course there was stuff we wanted and pointed out so Santa knew what stuff we wanted. We were never disappointed, think it was very clever on my parents part lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we have the "write a list and Santa will bring you some of the things off it", so DS knows he won't get everything.

However, last year....the only thing he wanted from Santa was magical powers...which, by his reasoning, would be free and therefore not too much to ask for.

So, we wrote out a very special letter from Santa to DS, wrapped it in a special ribbon with glitter and sparkles and left it under the tree. Santa explained that he culd not grant him extra powers as it would dilute his own and he needed them. Santa also told DS how magical he already was and how wth his very clever mind and hard work, he could achieve anything and everything DS loved his letter and treasures it and sometimes refers to it when he is stuck "santa believed in me so i'll just keep trying"...bless him.

You'll find a way to make it special.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

bokkie_wotwot  (11-11-2012),Shoopuf  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Santa not bringing what he asked for

Riversong that is so cute what a wonderful way to do for your son super idea

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Santa has to make your stuff all year... Not in the few months before Christmas. Especially not when there's so many kids he has to cater to! Sometimes he can't get you what you ask for... He's already planned your presents and there's only so many ps3s and games to go around... Etc.

I just explain it like that.
    I also do this, also tell dd she can ask for 3 things, and Santa will bring one, bc if you greedy you wont get any, but Santa sometimes goes nuts buys all 3 although sometimes Santa knows you'll love something even if its not on your list
    DD has once or twice received something totally different to the list but just goes on about how did Santa know I'd love this!
    Really on the day they love anything I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

This is why in our house Santa leaves one present and we give the rest.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Santa fills stockings in our house. We give presents, he gives stocking fillers.

And when the kids ask why 'so and so' got 'this and that' from Santa I say "well I'd say their parents contributed and made a deal with him but that goes way beyond his resources" lol..They've been fine with that answer.