+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Santa not bringing what he asked for

Too many boys both those explanations as to why Santa does t bring electronic devices are gold and ones that I will be storing away for the years to come. Thanks or sharing.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Omggg wrote a rather big reply and it didnt post. Let me try slim it down and try again.

When DS mentions he wants something that is small and cheap enough we say "maybe Santa will get that for you this year" and plant the seed that way.
    In our house though, Santa buys one small gift and the rest (more expensive) ones are from us. I dont want DS thinking of Santa as some big present machine so remind him that we used to get toys that were MADE (and we'd walk a thousand miles to school and a thousand miles home...in the snow...in bare feet ) and now Santa has a hard job because people are asking for bigger and more expensive things. So DS has learnt to ask Santa for small, cheaper items and is happy when Santa comes through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you can afford to buy it for his birthday maybe tell him you have no control over what Father Christmas delivers but he is a wise old man that will deliver exactly what your son should get. Then, you could maybe follow up with that if SkyLanders doesn't come at Christmas he can have it for his birthday from you guys if he still wants it then. A good lesson in waiting and not always getting what we want. I am having to do it with my DS4 (nearly 5). It's a toughie but he needs to learn.

Father Christmas can take the heat if he is upset at Christmas time However, I am sure he will be stoked with the bike and camera!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyBic View Post
    Too many boys both those explanations as to why Santa does t bring electronic devices are gold and ones that I will be storing away for the years to come. Thanks or sharing.
    Good luck!! We also have a 5 month old DS so I will also be using them for many years to come ... Goodness knows what this one will ask for when he's 10!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    you could always say that santa was thinking really hard about what you wanted for christmas, he looked all through his workshop and saw this awesome cool toy that he thought you might like better. something along those lines might work. worth a shot anyway. good luck ladies. i have a few years yet till i will have to answer to those so its good to see what im in for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have always said Santa doesn't always bring what you ask for and sometimes he gives you something else instead because he thinks you will like it. It wouldn't be a surprise if you always got exactly what you asked for every year.

We actually don't do a wish list for Santa unless they do them at school or decide to do them themselves. Then they see Santa usually after I'm already done and might mention something they would like.

I don't think I will have that problem this year though. DD1 is older and doesn't even really know what she would like but no Santa to worry about there anyway. Then DD2 really really wants......a toy!! LOL And DD3 said she doesn't know.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Santa not bringing what he asked for

We find telling ds 5 that Santa will choose 1 to maybe 2 things off your list depending on what you ask for as you can't be greedy and expect everything you have on your list otherwise all the other kids around the world will miss out and that wouldn't be fair. This way we can choose things off there for us to give him as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My kids are only 4 and 2 but i have never suggested them asking santa wat they might want and after reading this thread wont be encourging it either they will also have to pick one if their presents to give to the kmart wishing tree so they understand thats it not wat u get

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Santa not bringing what he asked for

Santa has to make your stuff all year... Not in the few months before Christmas. Especially not when there's so many kids he has to cater to! Sometimes he can't get you what you ask for... He's already planned your presents and there's only so many ps3s and games to go around... Etc.

I just explain it like that.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We had the whole chat withmiss 5 about how Santa has a lot of kids to look after and it's hard for him to share everything around etc etc... So Santa would be really happy if he could choose 1 or two things off a list of maybe 5, it would make his job much easier.

Omg it's scary how easily these stories trip off my tongue o.0