Closed Thread
Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 959
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look, I am not trying to imply anyone is lying about seeing a second line, but the way in which a FRER works is very specific. It has antibodies to bhCG on the strip on the test line, and then a second layer of coloured antibodies to bhCG which attaches to the bhCG if present on the test line. You cannot get a false positive on a FRER or other reputable brand because of the immunology of how they work. That's all I am saying.
    You can get false positives with ICs as they are generally made overseas with poor quality control, which can pick up LH as well as bhCG.
    If you are convinced you had 5 positives with a FRER, did they get darker significantly with each day? Sounds more like a chemical pregnancy than a false positive.
    I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think you deserve to know how specific FRERs and Pregnosis tests are. Antibodies to a substance are like a lock and key...they only fit each other.
    Hope that helps.
    If you are still not convinced, wait until 14-16DPO and do a ClearBlue Digital.
    J xxxx.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (01-01-2013),bokkie_wotwot  (01-01-2013)

  3. #932
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,275
    Thanks
    809
    Thanked
    2,399
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Your personal Pregnancy Test checker... come on in :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Look, I am not trying to imply anyone is lying about seeing a second line, but the way in which a FRER works is very specific. It has antibodies to bhCG on the strip on the test line, and then a second layer of coloured antibodies to bhCG which attaches to the bhCG if present on the test line. You cannot get a false positive on a FRER or other reputable brand because of the immunology of how they work. That's all I am saying.
    You can get false positives with ICs as they are generally made overseas with poor quality control, which can pick up LH as well as bhCG.
    If you are convinced you had 5 positives with a FRER, did they get darker significantly with each day? Sounds more like a chemical pregnancy than a false positive.
    I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think you deserve to know how specific FRERs and Pregnosis tests are. Antibodies to a substance are like a lock and key...they only fit each other.
    Hope that helps.
    If you are still not convinced, wait until 14-16DPO and do a ClearBlue Digital.
    J xxxx.
    No they didn't get darker and no it's not a chemical, my dr ruled it out. My dr doesn't know why they are coming up positive but they are and am 100% not pregnant. This was a couple if weeks ago, I don't get AF because am on the depo shot. And I'm not the only one its happened too. A pp mentioned she had read the the company had change something with the tests. I have also done a few different brands including digital and all were negative EXCEPT the FRER.

  4. #933
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1982 View Post
    Maybe five mins- like once the dye had cleared. So I worry they are evaps. But ill go home soon and test with a frer. Because I'm obsessed like that
    Good idea. Just don't drink anything until you get home with your FRER; use lovely concentrated urine!
    J.

  5. #934
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    577
    Thanked
    175
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Your personal Pregnancy Test checker... come on in :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Look, I am not trying to imply anyone is lying about seeing a second line, but the way in which a FRER works is very specific. It has antibodies to bhCG on the strip on the test line, and then a second layer of coloured antibodies to bhCG which attaches to the bhCG if present on the test line. You cannot get a false positive on a FRER or other reputable brand because of the immunology of how they work. That's all I am saying.
    You can get false positives with ICs as they are generally made overseas with poor quality control, which can pick up LH as well as bhCG.
    If you are convinced you had 5 positives with a FRER, did they get darker significantly with each day? Sounds more like a chemical pregnancy than a false positive.
    I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think you deserve to know how specific FRERs and Pregnosis tests are. Antibodies to a substance are like a lock and key...they only fit each other.
    Hope that helps.
    If you are still not convinced, wait until 14-16DPO and do a ClearBlue Digital.
    J xxxx.
    did you not read a lady a bit further up who's husband pee'd on a frer and it came up positive? he was tested and found nothing that would explain why, other than the frer being faulty.
    obviously, something has changed with them.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to tatia&shura For This Useful Post:

    M.2.  (01-01-2013)

  7. #935
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    79
    Reviews
    0

    Default Your personal Pregnancy Test checker... come on in :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Look, I am not trying to imply anyone is lying about seeing a second line, but the way in which a FRER works is very specific. It has antibodies to bhCG on the strip on the test line, and then a second layer of coloured antibodies to bhCG which attaches to the bhCG if present on the test line. You cannot get a false positive on a FRER or other reputable brand because of the immunology of how they work. That's all I am saying.
    You can get false positives with ICs as they are generally made overseas with poor quality control, which can pick up LH as well as bhCG.
    If you are convinced you had 5 positives with a FRER, did they get darker significantly with each day? Sounds more like a chemical pregnancy than a false positive.
    I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think you deserve to know how specific FRERs and Pregnosis tests are. Antibodies to a substance are like a lock and key...they only fit each other.
    Hope that helps.
    If you are still not convinced, wait until 14-16DPO and do a ClearBlue Digital.
    J xxxx.
    Lucky I didn't drink last night then

  8. #936
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    No they didn't get darker and no it's not a chemical, my dr ruled it out. My dr doesn't know why they are coming up positive but they are and am 100% not pregnant. This was a couple if weeks ago, I don't get AF because am on the depo shot. And I'm not the only one its happened too. A pp mentioned she had read the the company had change something with the tests. I have also done a few different brands including digital and all were negative EXCEPT the FRER.
    But how did your doctor rule out a chemical...the bhCG falls as quickly as it rises, so blood tests are not reliable. The FRERs not getting darker is the hallmark of a chemical. Anyway, best of luck for the future.

  9. #937
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    997
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked
    239
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sorry to interject ladies, its New Years day, think we can leave the FRER convo for now can we?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to upforroundtwo For This Useful Post:

    Catkin  (01-01-2013)

  11. #938
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    sorry to interject ladies, its New Years day, think we can leave the FRER convo for now can we?
    Yes, you're right. But as a medico and a scientist, I am very passionate about getting the right information out there. There are always the occasional things we cannot explain (rarely...most abnormal results can be sorted eventually), but I would be very upset if people threw the baby out with the bathwater. I do care about you all, but I cannot turn off the "clinical" part of my brain!
    If my hubby got a +ve on a FRER I'd get him a full medical work-up!
    OK, no more FRER talk, except to say they are my first recommendation to my patients.
    Sorry ladies, my passion for the exacting design of FRERs cannot be quashed!
    But I will shut up now.
    Happy New Year.
    J xx.

  12. #939
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0

    Default Your personal Pregnancy Test checker... come on in :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Yes, you're right. But as a medico and a scientist, I am very passionate about getting the right information out there. There are always the occasional things we cannot explain (rarely...most abnormal results can be sorted eventually), but I would be very upset if people threw the baby out with the bathwater. I do care about you all, but I cannot turn off the "clinical" part of my brain!
    If my hubby got a +ve on a FRER I'd get him a full medical work-up!
    OK, no more FRER talk, except to say they are my first recommendation to my patients.
    Sorry ladies, my passion for the exacting design of FRERs cannot be quashed!
    But I will shut up now.
    Happy New Year.
    J xx.
    What do you think of my Frer?
    Attached Images

  13. #940
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    997
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked
    239
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Yes, you're right. But as a medico and a scientist, I am very passionate about getting the right information out there. There are always the occasional things we cannot explain (rarely...most abnormal results can be sorted eventually), but I would be very upset if people threw the baby out with the bathwater. I do care about you all, but I cannot turn off the "clinical" part of my brain!
    If my hubby got a +ve on a FRER I'd get him a full medical work-up!
    OK, no more FRER talk, except to say they are my first recommendation to my patients.
    Sorry ladies, my passion for the exacting design of FRERs cannot be quashed!
    But I will shut up now.
    Happy New Year.
    J xx.
    thats fine and understandable, perhaps next time just think about delivery


 

Similar Threads

  1. Personal trainer during pregnancy in Sydney
    By firsttimemumsyd in forum General Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 14:52
  2. When can I test for pregnancy?
    By curiouschildcare in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 08:12
  3. FREE personal training to prevent pregnancy diabetes
    By TheCycleStudy in forum Research Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 13:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Impressionable Kids
Impressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet sculptures. With franchise locations throughout Australia you can be assured you will receive a quality handmade product with a lifetime warranty on all frames.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!