+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default What a Rush! - Week 3, Day 2 - Blog 28

I'm pretty sure one of the other ladies used this title when they did Rush but there was no better way to describe it! Inspired by the other ladies who were "DZ" (or "Double Zumba"!), I committed to myself yesterday that I would get up earlier in the mornings and do Rush before I go to work. When my alarm went off, I wasn't so sure about this plan lol!

I eventually got up (my new plan is to start work 30 mins later every day ROFL!) and put on Rush. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did because I wasn't a huge fan of Activate. Beto is my favourite instructor, partially because he's the Zumba creator but mostly because I love his accent and he makes me smile! The girls on Rush were good, though, I like Tanya and Gina better (fond memories of Step by Step, maybe?) but I like the Rush workout more than Activate.

Rush is great in that just by the time you're starting to fatigue, it's pretty much over whereas Activate is too long to be a quick workout but didn't feel long enough for me to be satisfied with myself for the day!

According to my Bodybugg, I burnt 225 calories doing Rush which IMO is an impressive feat for a 23 minute workout! Bearing in mind that I burnt a bit over 600 calories doing the full hour of Exhilarate the other day and that this was my first time doing Rush so I was all but walking through the steps at some point, I think that adding this workout to my daily routine is going to do wonders for my weight loss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I plan to double up yesterday but it didn't happen. I hope you get to do today. I love reading how much calories you burn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Ooooh, good luck on doubling up, it's definitely worthwhile. I tell you what, if someone had told us three weeks ago that we'd be adding on more workouts than one a day, I don't know about you but I would've laughed in their face!

Yup, I love my Bodybugg for that! My husband tells me off for "micromanaging my weight loss" lmao! I have given myself a weird new goal, there's roughly 184,800 calories in 24kgs which is what I have to lose. So every day I'm going to deduct my excess calorie burn from my Bodybugg off that figure until I get to zero lmao! I know, I know, it doesn't actually mean much but I'm a freak and I can't wait to see that number get down plus I guess it's better than getting hung up on what the scales are telling me!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Just as an addition to this, it's only 8:46am and I've already burned 1,070 calories. Normally I'm just hitting 1,000 calorie burn around 10:30am so that means that by doing a 20 minute workout in the morning, I've gained an hour and 20 minutes worth of calorie burn!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (08-11-2012)