+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DD had a handmade handmade gown that most of the kids were brought home in, DS was to big so was in a wondersuit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My girls all wore a special hand crochet/knitted outfit. A different one for each. My boys all wore special little outfits (short and shirts).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bringing baby home

These all sound lovely. I want to see photos now.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have an outfit for my little girl all packed! Little dress and some leggings, something different from the onesies she'll be in at the hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I can't even remember now what DD wore home, but I have kept the first onsie (outfit) she ever wore which I still look back at and get sentimental over.

Her dad did go and buy some special outfits for coming home but being male he brought size 00 and well they where more than swimming on her haha. Of course I got in trouble for them not fitting though 😏

Thanks
    Reviews

We need a spin off, bringing home baby pics! We didn't find out the sex with dd so I packed her white and grey wondersuits but a friend had given me a pink one just in case so i hid it down the bottom of her nappy bag along with the matching hat!! So that's what she ended up wearing. Not really special but it was to me!

Thanks
    Reviews

I brought both my babies home in 'coming home from hospital' outfits my DDs was a little dress with bloomers underneath and a pink headband lol photos yes and I still have that cherished outfit.
    DS came home in a long sleeved long pant two piece that was cream in colour and was so cute once again there were photos and this bub I have got a boy and girl little out fit lol I keep th tucked away they were so tiny and it's nice to look back on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Bit of a ridiculous question...
    But did you/do people still take a 'bringing baby home' from hospital outfit??
    If you did-why?
    Did you take lots of photos to keep for sentimental reasons ?
    It's not a big deal just wondering!
    Yes i set asside a super cute onesie for going home day. Bub #2 will be wearing the same! I choose to put her in a 'special' outfit (not really that special, it was just an adorable onesie with ducks on it lol) because taking your baby home is a celebration in it's self. I wanted her to look good leaving hospital
    Photos - I was either sleeping, feeding or had visitors so taking photos happened when i remembered or when dh did. Looking back, i hate the photos with me in them because i looked absolute rubbish!No natural beauty about them. (More like on my death bed and get that camera out of my face!) The midwives took my camera from DH and offered to take pics of dd once she was born. She did a great job and she took our first family photo moments after bub arrived. I did take a photo of dd once she was strapped in the car seat for the first time going home from hospital, simply because she was the tiniest little thing in that seat! i still love that photo!
    I also took one of her first sleep in her bassinette to txt to ppl letting them know we were home.
    The birth and hospital photos are in their own photo album. The only album i ever got done lol now pics just stay on my comp hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We were told that DS was going to be big, so we took some 0000s and 000s to hospital. They were all far too big so I asked my sister to bring in some of her sons's 00000s. DS came home in a blue Target wondersuit, bought for my nephew by my Mum's twin sister. We've still got it as I'm planning on having more children. I won't keep it when we're done, but I did record in his baby book what he was wearing when he came home.

Thanks
    Reviews

I took a cute onesie from target, it says 'made with love' on the pocket. It has a BBQ sauce stain on the collar as I couldn't get to the breakfast cart on the second day (feeding bubs) so DH brought me subway which I spilt the sauce on the collar. Sort of makes it a bit more special lol. I've kept it separate from the other 5x0 outfits which will go to the next bub, and will get a special one for each baby.