+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bringing baby home

Well I'm a sucker for stuff like that. My brother bought my DD a tiny little dress that barely fit her, but we took her home in that. It's now in a shadow box on her wall along with the beanie they put on her, her hospital card, belly button clip etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took an outfit to the hospital specifically for our DD to wear home. It was not for sentimental reasons though, just wanted her to go home in something other than a onesie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Bringing baby home

We bought a gorgeous little dress to bring DD home in but she didn't end up wearing it! We bought he home in her onsie.

She got plenty of wear out of it though, including for her nb photo shoot a week later.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had one at the hospital but when it came time to go home we just left him in the premmie onsie my SIL had bought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Think I'm convinced to pack something cute and special now!!

It's quite funny because I hadn't thought about it. Until my mum, who is usually practical and often a bit negative about sentimental baby things, she actually said that it was done thing back when she had me... And would I be doing that!?

Now what to pick?!?!?

Thanks
    Reviews

My mum picked both my boys going home outfits, they were both teeny tiny onesie type outfits but adorable, and from a boutique that I normally wouldn't buy from. It was special for my mum and I have kept them as keep sakes, not something that I would ever hand down to friends or throw out...

When I get organized they'll go in their keepsake boxes... .

Thanks
    Reviews
    the only piece of clothing my mum keep for a keepsake from when i was a baby was my naming day dress that my Nan handmade for me everything else got handed down or thrown out......

i'd never thought about a going home outfit though but will seriously think about it now as i love sentimental things lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

We put DS in a cute onesie that my mum bought for him as the 'going home outfit'. Hoping I might be able to use it again for this bub.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We might have gone about it differently. Knowing we'd have visitors we took 3 cute onesies to hospital and DS ended up wearing 2 of them as I stayed 2 days. His going home outfit was just another cute onesie we picked but wasnt anything really fancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has a special onsie as a take home outfit. We know we're having another dd so she will b wearing the same one. It wasn't my choice, dd saw baby pics of her wearing it and has asked bubs wears it home from hosp. To help with transitioning we have agreed.