+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does progesterone give anyone else an upset tummy?

Am I normal? About 15-20 mins after inserting the pessary I get the biggest tummy ache, and a pressing need to visit the loo. I then spend the next 10 minutes using all my willpower to remain laying down for the recommended half hour but oftenend up ducking to the loo at 30 mins. Obviously visiting the toilet so soon after ends up losing some of the prog. Too, and I'm worried my body won't be keeping enough.

I don't have an FS to ask, I'm only on it because me GP called all the ob's in my town and they recommended she prescribe it, so I have no one to ask. She doesn't have any experience with progesterone support. I also googled and I couldn't find any immediate onset upset tummies.

The leaflet said constipation could be a side effect. Not this.

The only thing I can think of is that this particular kind of upset is normally my early pregnancy symptom. Could the progesterone merely be the hormone that has always caused this when I thought that it was hcg, and so basically it's just my bodies way of reacting to it?

I know we are not professionals here and can't expects real answer, just looking for anecdotal evidence that my body isn't rejecting the progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't get the upset tummy. But my FS says the progesterone is absorbed quickly by the body (just make sure you insert it as far as you can). I get up after the 30 mins and I do feel like a lot comes out but they assure me it's just the 'carrier' and the prog has been absorbed. Can you ask your gp to test your prog levels by BT? I get mine done weekly for reassurance and my levels are really high (despite the fact so much comes out).

Sorry I can't be more help with the upset tummy but I just wanted to reassure you that it is most likely being absorbed so try not to worry. Just lay down as long as you can manage

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks it's good to know. I always see so much in the loo and feel like it's all just come out. Glad to know you asked that question and it was a positive answer.

I really want to have my levels checked, and I think I could persuade my gp to give me the test, but being that my levels have gone up and down, she's reluctant to do more blood tests and advised me to rely on scans now, (which thankfully have only been 2 weeks apart at most so far). It's more-so the hcg testing which she doesn't want me to do. She's worried I will stress unnecessarily. It would be nice to see some nice, high progesterone levels though. They were 22 at 5w5d

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry cant help u re the loo problem but I definitely leaked pessary soon after insertion even when lying down. My dr said thus is fine, as the last person said you have already absorbed the important bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Crinone gel is giving me exactly the same! Not particularly fun