Would love more... | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies ...
    Since we are nooo longer ttc ... What else do you google when your having some down time ?? Or by chance having time to yourself ?? I've been googling anything about ttc, what to eat or pregnancy etc for over 8yrs.. Now I'm at a loss at what to put my mind to I guess I'm having trouble separating from the baby thing and but dont have any other hobbies or interests at the moment.. Can you share some if your hobbies .. Interests.. Or things you google to pass the time ??
    My 6yo turning 7 in march
    My 2yo turning 3 in August
    If that helps you helps me ???
    So .. Any ideas ?????

20mum.. Thanks for sharing your story .. You sound like there's other things in life that you want & are aiming for.. A house that you can pay off comfortably is a great goal. I see us as working to live. I dont know how people can afford to go away in holidays all the time..6yoDD keeps asking to go in a plane.. I just keep telling her it costs lots of money !!!
    Do you still have an empty feeling in your heart?? That's how I feel .. I love my 2 girls .. But I almost had 3... They say 3 is a third wheel but our wheel was dearly loved & wanted ..

Ky... A beautiful but sad story of your little ruby (2yo) .. We too have a little ruby, I can proudly say that she is here happy & healthy in our arms.. I'm sure all our angel babies are happy playing, singing & dancing with each other.. Carefully watching over their sibling, mums & dads.. Her anniversary is coming up.. I'm sure you have something special planned.. It's amazing to hear that Anna has reconnected you all as a family & helped you all heal you from your Ruby.. If your ruby is as cheeky as mine... She would make you sooo proud & you'd be shaking your head all at once !!!!
    xxx
    Thank you other ladies for your kind thoughts .. Very sorry I've been MIA..
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gracec View Post
    Hi ladies ...
    Since we are nooo longer ttc ... What else do you google when your having some down time ?? Or by chance having time to yourself ?? I've been googling anything about ttc, what to eat or pregnancy etc for over 8yrs.. Now I'm at a loss at what to put my mind to I guess I'm having trouble separating from the baby thing and but dont have any other hobbies or interests at the moment.. Can you share some if your hobbies .. Interests.. Or things you google to pass the time ??
    My 6yo turning 7 in march
    My 2yo turning 3 in August
    If that helps you helps me ???
    So .. Any ideas ?????
    I have become a little obsessed with Pinterest...there are so many awesome ideas and crafty things to do with kids..are you a SAHM? There are lots of great, simple ideas for entertasining the kids, re-cylcling things, recipes for kids, birthday party ideas etc etc...it just keeps on going. I have also become interested in blogs I have stumbled accros while checking out stuff on Pinterest. Not sure if you have been to the site before, but this is the link to my "pinboard" (mods please remove if not ok!!) if you'd like to check it out.. http://pinterest.com/mykaybaby/

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would love more...

As Kaybaby said definitely Pinterest. I could spend hours on it. So many things to browse. I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Would love more...

So can someone explain pintrest to.me?

Like a crash course on ' pintrest for dummies' ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kaybaby.. Wow I've clicked on your link for your pin board that's awesome .... Sooo do I just sign up ??? I do family day care so that would helps out immensely to get ideas from !!!!!
    Yeah is there a Pinterest for dummies ???
    Thanks
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    So can someone explain pintrest to.me?

Like a crash course on ' pintrest for dummies' ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    LOL, I am relatively new to Pinterest myself, but I LOVE it!
    Basically you just start a pinboard for yourself, by signing up.
    Then, for example, you can do a search for a specific thing, such as I was looking at Owl themed things for my son 1st b'day, so typed Owl into the search bar at the top..and lots of Owl related "pins" come up. Then if you like something, you click on "repin" on the picture, and you can pin it onto your own board. You make catergories for whatever you like - you are started of with a few generic ones.

You can also just go to someone elses board, such as mine, and repin from there. If you really like a persons board you can "follow" that board - so when that person pins something new you will see it next time you sign in, or by email if you like.

When you click on the pin picture it will re-direct you to the site that pin came from - so if its a craft thing, it will (hopefully) give you instructions or whatever.

If you are surfing the net and find something awesome you can pin it on your board, using the pin icon (a red P), or you can install a "pin it" button on your bookmark toolbar. From memory I did this when I signed up.

I generally just start looking at something, and just keep on following links and wander my way through the web! Meanwhile a ridiculous amount of time is wasted, when I should be folding washing but meh! I love it

Anyway, I hope that helps. I didn't find it too hard to work out and I'm not to IT savvy!
    Have fun!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

You can't join Pinterest without an existing member sending you an invitation in an email. You can make an account without the invitation, but the pinning doesn't start until the account is activated through the link in the member email. Just thought I'd mention it because PP left it out and its an important step

Thanks
    Reviews

I joined Pinterest without being invited and can pin too... So I'm not to sure what being invited changes... I did it in the iPhone app though

Thanks
    Reviews

Perhaps they've changed things since the release of the app, but as far as I'm aware, seeing as how I still receive requests from friends to join, some invitation is required

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    Perhaps they've changed things since the release of the app, but as far as I'm aware, seeing as how I still receive requests from friends to join, some invitation is required
    Nope I recently joined and signed up (had to activate my account via email pinterest sent me) but I've been pinning away.