+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Complaining to mobile service providers

Get on the phone and say ombudsman... They might do something before you even have to call the TIO. I've had Telstra issues and when I've said I'm contacting the ombudsman they've fixed the problem there and then.
    I've cancelled two contracts via the TIO. One with crazy johns and one for an Internet thingy with Vodafone. It was actually kinda easy.
    Good luck. Hope you manage to sort it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I cancelled two Vodafone contracts with a bit of a fight. Both had 7months still let on them. Granted I had to give them the phones back, but to be honest we wanted to move from blackberry to iPhone anyways!

Def's drop ombudsman into the conversation though, that helped me I found!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eugh called Virgin again and they said I had to email them so that they could call me back and troubleshoot the problem. Wtf. Told them I was going to call the Ombudsmen next, they said go ahead.

The ombudsmen said that because I've moved since I signed the contract and it's the new area that has no reception (I've moved back to my parents where I've lived for 20 years grrr) and I didn't check with the actual company (checking the coverage map on the website apparently doesn't count) they might not be able to do anything. Wtf. I have no reception. Fix it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Go to ombudsman. I got out of my Vodafone mobile and Internet contracts recently. They could not provide me with reception in my area after I recently moved there. I was told multiple times that they were upgrading their network. 6 months later and reception was getting worse and worse. Think they finally got annoyed at me constantly posting on their fb page.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I cancelled my Optus contract by going through the ombudsman. You have to first make attempts to resolve it with the company, then TIO is the next step. It was fairly straightforward, no issues at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left vodafone due having on going issues for 6 months they gave me free access as the reception was meant to fixed in my area by then and it wasn't so I took the to the tio and they let me keep my iPhone and reimbursed me 3 months of fees. I had a serious problem tho because the iPhone wouldn't work at all half way through the free 6 months and I had to travel 20 minutes to get reception knowing when I signed up it would work at my address.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeps gone to ombudsmen and need to wait 5 days to see if Virgin will resolve the issue and then recontact ombudsmen. Have contacted them on fb as well, and got my first response. Seems they like to be seen resolving issues in the public eye. Am moving in 2 weeks to FNQ where the closest Virgin Store will be 2000km away so want it cancelled by then.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 08-11-2012 at 10:35.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

The social networking team are pretty awesome. Fill in the details on the link they send you and they will call you. As I said in my post when i gig mo where with virgin, the social network team helped out and were great.

The ombudsman told us Virgin had 3 weeks to resolve the issue before they would consider taking it further. J found the process drawn out. But the SNT were great.

Good luck. Hopefully they get back to you.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have :-)

I lived in Brisbane and had a contract with '3' and was about 8 months in when I moved to FNQ and my phone had pretty poor service at home. Wasn't really bad- but was annoying at times.

Called 3 and they didn't really want to cancel it.

After about 2 weeks and constant calls to them complaining they finally terminated my contract and I kept the phone- they did however take my phone number off me as they owned it ( which annoyed me coz I brought my number from Optus to 3 originally)

Changed over to Optus and got a new phone and haven't looked back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical mumma View Post
    they did however take my phone number off me as they owned it ( which annoyed me coz I brought my number from Optus to 3 originally)

Changed over to Optus and got a new phone and haven't looked back.
    Mystical Mumma, Did you know they cant take the number off you if you port it from a different provider to them in the first place. They can only take it if you have outstanding bills with them. When you choose your number at the start of any contract you own it until you say they can keep it or you no longer use that service.