+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need inspiration - gifts for kids carers... (limited budget)

When I was working in childcare we got a lot of home made sweets, biscuits, boxes of chocolates, Xmas decorations, cups, more chocolates, movie tickets, lots of different things, but honestly don't go overboard, the gift is a token thing, if you sit down and write a personal card to the carers that means so much more than a little gift.

I've kept the cards where parents took the time to tell me how appreciated I was. Just something to consider!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    like the PP posters said a personal card is precious. I am a teacher and have kept all the beautiful cards from over the last 10 years. My favourite was a laminated drawing the child drew of myself and her with a poem she and her mum had written on the back. Beats chocolates and smelly things hands down!!!! (but those things ar great too!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I have done this with my class as their gift to their parents/family. Easy to do, pretty cheap and looks beautiful.

It's basically layered cookie ingredients in a jar (from the Reject shop) with the instructions for baking attached.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2254...okies+in+a+jar
    I have seen those before. They look really good. Hmmm, might even do them myself this year but with my cookie receipe instead.

Similar Threads

1. Kids feature wall- inspiration!
    By OnceUponATime in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 23:10
  2. Gifts for kids that aren't toys
    By iMischa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 10:47
  3. Budget friendly tips for getting your kids great wardrobes?
    By CluckySC in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 19-12-2011, 11:55