+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A2 or Goats Milk

Posting here for traffic.

DS has been intolerant to cows milk protein & soy since birth. He's now 14mths and we have been reintroducing both upon the Pead Allergists advice.

Whilst there has been no vomiting or typical symptoms, this past week he has had a fever on and off and is constipated. He has been off his food and generally irritable - which could of course be a coincidence, but want to experiment in case the cows milk is too harsh.

Would people recommend A2 or goats milk? Are the calcium or nutrients better in one or other for example? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I were you I'd go for normal milk instead of A2. You don't want to be paying twice the price for milk (or more - A2 is quite expensive) if you don't need to. Here's an info sheet on milks - http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/Heal...=302&id=1788#7 - it appears that Goats milk is ok, but low in folate.

The fever probably means he's sick so I think that's an issue. I haven't heard of a fever coming from a cows milk protein intolerance. What does the allergist think?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A2 or Goats Milk

Thanks for the link.

He's already on normal milk, which is why I'm worried that's the problem. The Allergist is on holidays this week so can't speak to her until Tues/Wed.

We've been to doctors, had ears/throat checked and also urine sample. All came back normal so no idea why the temp keeps going up and down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default A2 or Goats Milk

My Naturopath blames cows milk on everything and it's the first thing she gets you to remove from your diet!

I would take him off and try goat to see if it makes a difference ( or just skip dairy altogether and try almond milk!)

Goats milk is easier to digest , similar vitamins ( folate is only 2% less so not worth worrying about!) , I buy A2 for DH for his cereal and give it to DS for his smoothies sometimes, I only used goat formula, cheese and yogurt for DS under 1 and he occasionally has cow cheese and yogurt now at 2

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: A2 or Goats Milk

What exactly is A2 milk?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: A2 or Goats Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My Naturopath blames cows milk on everything and it's the first thing she gets you to remove from your diet!

I would take him off and try goat to see if it makes a difference ( or just skip dairy altogether and try almond milk!)

Goats milk is easier to digest , similar vitamins ( folate is only 2% less so not worth worrying about!) , I buy A2 for DH for his cereal and give it to DS for his smoothies sometimes, I only used goat formula, cheese and yogurt for DS under 1 and he occasionally has cow cheese and yogurt now at 2
    what does your naturopath say?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default A2 or Goats Milk

I have experienced secondary lactose intolerance and have found A2 much easier to digest than regular milk (which gave me a very upset digestive tract) I have been able to switch back to normal milk after recolonizing my gut buy drinking raw milk. Otherwise I would go with goats milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A asked the same question a few months back!! DD is also 14 months, at 11 months we made the decision to get off formula as DD had a good balanced diet and we were on the nan ha and since change in ingredient we struggled to find another formula. I am lactose intolerant so when moving onto fresh milk we tried goats milk as it is believed to be the easiest to digest, but DD wouldn't have it, made her gagg and she would throw up it does also made less nutrience then cows milk. So I put her on A2 as its a milk I can tolerate, it doesn't upset my tummy so I figured hers would be fine too, so far so good took to it strait away and no issues at all!
    The difference between A2 and normal cows milk is that A2 has been pasteurised twice and that produces the A2 protine (I believe something to that affect) which makes it easier to digest and it gives the milk longer shelf life! It's a little expensive but so is formula!! Good luck with you decision making!! Hope this helped!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd has cows milk protein intollerence, she will happily drink a2 milk but normal milk runs straigh through her.

I personally don't find it that expensive, $5/2l more then your Coles milk, but I wouldn't buy that anyway most painful thing is if you run out after supermarkets have closed its so hard to get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default A2 or Goats Milk

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    what does your naturopath say?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
    Pretty much that dairy is the main cause of most allergies and can be the cause of a lot of medical problems like ear infections, colic, asthma , eczema , iron deficiency ( especially in kids) etc
    She is a big believer in following a paleo style diet which is what humans were made to eat and that our bodies do adapt to all the new processes foods, other mammals milk etc but it takes a toll on our bodies causing allergies, diseases etc
    I will say when you eliminate dairy from your diet you do feel so much better!