+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nervous about 12 week scan

Just needing a bit of a vent

We had an early ultrasound at 6 weeks after I had some bleeding. Everything looked good at that point. 2 Weeks later we had the 8 week scan and right before I was really nervous that something would be wrong, there would be nothing there etc. Turns out baby was looking good and had a healthy heart rate.

Now we are 5 days away from the 12 week scan and I'm nervous again. It will have been 4 weeks since we last saw our baby and I'm so scared that they will tell me he hasn't grown, or there will be no heartbeat or something will be wrong. I'm just so worried that I'll look at the screen and still see the same little jelly bean we saw 4 weeks ago and not a healthy 12 week fetus. Time is going SO slow leading up to the scan. I wish I could just skip the next few days...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember feeling the same when i was pregnant with my son but don't worry im sure everything will be just fine and you will be so surprised how much bigger bub will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is hard not to worry, I was the same, I had a dating scan at 7 weeks and was so nervous because I'd had some pretty bad cramps that week and then it was so long to wait until the 12 week one. It is hard but it gets better in the second half of the pregnancy when you start to feel your baby move. I hope the next few days go by quickly and that your scan goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ohh I soo feel you! My 12 week scan is next Wednesday and I just a few days ago did a post exactly like yours. My last scan was at 9+2 and I too was freaking out with what if they don't find a heartbeat or what if bubs hasn't grown? I guess at the end of the day I remind myself that this is completely out of my control. All I can do is pray that everything will be perfectly a-ok

I'm sure both your bub and mine will be perfect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt like this too and everything was fine with me. I think some of us are just so aware of what can go wrong! If all went well at the 8 week, then, in the absence of further symptoms, it's likely that everything will go well at the 12 week.