+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I am all for uniforms. As PP's have said their is no arguing over what they are going to wear. The school looks good with all the kids in uniform and it's easy to pick out who is student and who isn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I remember a couple of years ago having to pick up a friends daughter from school. DP and i were waiting in the car for her.. as everyone walked out DP was shocked and the clothing he was seeing (or lack there of). I think once dd goes to school, if there is no uniform, DP will make her go to school in a full length cloak or some thing like that.

It was like everyone was trying to compete with who had the shortest skirt or tightest top.

For me, i had to wear a uniform and it didnt bother me, it meant i did not have to worry about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I'm a big uniform lover...for lots of reasons

It saves the parent having to think of what to put the child in each day.

For older kids there's no pressure about what to wear each day to look cool.

It means there is no difference in what kids can wear it some kids can afford to wear expensive designer brands and some can't.

Promotes school pride and spirit.

Is suitable to be played in...etc etc
    Agree 100%

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it can be dependent on the school. My first high school was an all girls private college and we had to wear uniforms and they checked our skirt lengths every morning, had to wear hair bands matching school colours and specific socks etc they were quite ridiculous with the rules but for that school it was good, there were people from poor backgrounds on scholarships and then the rich kids and everyone belonged to a clique! Horrible!
    Then I qualified for a 'gifted and talented' school from 14 and we could wear what we wanted, no one made fun of anyone for what they wore and the school was very relaxed, everyone was friends and most people just wore comfy clothes rather than try to be fashionable!
    So for me it depends on the school atmosphere!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dunno, but im glad our school has uniforms. Kids are cruel and my ds#1 doesnt have big brand clothes or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    R

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes to uniforms as equalisers. Nobody knows who us rich, poor, cool or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Molly Coddle View Post
    Yes to uniforms as equalisers. Nobody knows who us rich, poor, cool or whatever.
    Although, uniforms can be so expensive that parents may not be able to replace them as often as they need to be replaced. I remember there were kids at school with very faded or small uniforms so everyone knew they were "poor". That is one disadvantage.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Although, uniforms can be so expensive that parents may not be able to replace them as often as they need to be replaced. I remember there were kids at school with very faded or small uniforms so everyone knew they were "poor". That is one disadvantage.
    Yes, that's a good point. I would hope those who can afford to buy new would do so and donate the outgrown uniforms to the second hand shop.

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think uniforms are a great idea I think it make kids feel equal not better than others!

And it does make them look neat.