+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0
    Im in Sydney and went thru Genea (I think formerly Sydney ivf?). Let me know if u need name of FS as well. He said that we should go straight to IMSI and not bother with other options given extent of the sperm motility issue... HTH

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland.
    Posts
    2,002
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked
    529
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Has anyone used IMSI for male factor?

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleeClaire07 View Post
    Im in Sydney and went thru Genea (I think formerly Sydney ivf?). Let me know if u need name of FS as well. He said that we should go straight to IMSI and not bother with other options given extent of the sperm motility issue... HTH
    Thank you. I am going to call my clinic and ask about it but since they haven't offered it so far I am guessing they probably don't have it yet. Yes please can you recommend a good fs? I am considering traveling if they think it might really make a difference.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0
    My FS was Mark Bowman - I know some ppl didn't like him and during consultation, he is a bit in a hurry and talks fast but I found when doing the egg collection and transfer, he was really good - kept us informed and talked to us the whole time.. There's a lot of other good FS at Genea so ask around. Not cheap but def worth it for us esp since we were successful first time around with IMSI.

    Good luck and let me know if u have any more q's!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland.
    Posts
    2,002
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked
    529
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Has anyone used IMSI for male factor?

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleeClaire07 View Post
    My FS was Mark Bowman - I know some ppl didn't like him and during consultation, he is a bit in a hurry and talks fast but I found when doing the egg collection and transfer, he was really good - kept us informed and talked to us the whole time.. There's a lot of other good FS at Genea so ask around. Not cheap but def worth it for us esp since we were successful first time around with IMSI.

    Good luck and let me know if u have any more q's!
    Thanks so much Hun xo

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cessnock, NSW
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    477
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Has anyone used IMSI for male factor?

    We were genea aswell, in Newcastle.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland.
    Posts
    2,002
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked
    529
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm feeling really disheartened today. I spoke to a scientist at Monash IVF in QLD and she said that no one is QLD is using it yet (personally called QFG, City and Monash to check). She also told me she used it in the UK and personally wouldn't travel interstate for it. She didn't think the technology was that great.

    I thought I had a plan (again) by discovering IMSI and now I am confused. She suggested PICSI which is what we have done, and I also told her that I managed to fall pregnant naturally (only to miscarry). Then she changed her mind and said that PICSI wouldn't be that useful after all because the sperm ARE managing to bind the egg if I fell pregnant naturally it's just basically there is something wrong with them (DNA/chromosomes).

    I am so lost today. I wish I knew the answer
    Last edited by nicole83; 09-11-2012 at 14:42.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cessnock, NSW
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    477
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole, its a sh1tty journey.

    Have you considered using PGD (Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis). Costs a fair bit but basically DNA screens the embryos.

    If you believe that it's a chromosomal issue than I think it would be unlikely that IMSI would be able to pick up on those issues just by sight. I am intrigued as to how clinics select which sperm to inject the eggs with if they don't microscopically pick the best ones. I seriously thought that was how they all did it, but clearly not.

    Good Luck

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Hi guys, I know this is an old thread...but I am also wondering if anyone from melbourne has an exposure to IMSI. I am only looking into IMSI as that's the only thing that looks relevant to us - as PICSI or HA-ICSI needs minimum 200 000 or so sperm parameters in order to be performed. For those with severe male factor with only a few sperm in a sample IMSI seems like an option. Any advice would be appreciated from those who have used it. And why you ended up using it. Thanks!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cessnock, NSW
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    477
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mimaa View Post
    Hi guys, I know this is an old thread...but I am also wondering if anyone from melbourne has an exposure to IMSI. I am only looking into IMSI as that's the only thing that looks relevant to us - as PICSI or HA-ICSI needs minimum 200 000 or so sperm parameters in order to be performed. For those with severe male factor with only a few sperm in a sample IMSI seems like an option. Any advice would be appreciated from those who have used it. And why you ended up using it. Thanks!
    Hi mimaa,

    My husband's sperm count is well well well below 200 000 and we used normal ICSI. Our first cycle took 2 samples to get 4 individual sperm.

    Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Grebbeci, did you get success on the first cycle? And we're they motile sperm?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Male Factor Infertility Chat
    By PennyPC in forum IVF
    Replies: 382
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 18:06
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-12-2014, 10:58
  3. If you've fallen pregnant with male factor fertility issues...
    By Cue in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 17:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays. We also offer outdoor programs during the summer months (Oct-Mar) at Rostrevor college.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!