+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Has anyone used IMSI for male factor?

Just curious if any clinics in Australia are using this technique. Seems really popular in the European countries. If you have any knowledge about imsi or know Aussie clinics or prices please post.

Here is a link explaining it for those that haven't heard of it: http://m.fertilityfactor.com/?url=ht...imsi.html#2766

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole, I haven't heard of IMSI but we do do HA-ICSI. Are you heard of this? This also selcects the best sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Shelby my clinic does picsi which I thought was the same as ha-icsi. My fs doesnt think it is as beneficial as first thought.

I'm at a loss to work out a new plan of attack. I managed to fall pregnant naturally but baby died at 6+2 and miscarried at 7 weeks. I just don't know what to do anymore. We think its dodgy sperm. I know I can get pregnant and we have 1 healthy dd concieved thru icsi (no picsi back then) so obviously not every single sperm has chromosomal issues...I just wish there was a way to find the healthy, normal chromosomal sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry that is awful news. Sending you a massive virtual hug. I have only been BFP once and it is heartbreaking to Miscarry. This road is sooo difficult. We are about to start our 7th round and we are doing HA-ICSI just googled and it is the same (sorry I didn't know). But we are using a new drug that is on the market called Menopur. Have you heard of it? It just got approved (I think) in June this year. It doesn't help for male factor but it is supposed to have a 5% higher rate of live births than the other FSH drugs. Hopefully someone will answer re the IMSI it would be good to know! I also assume you have all the Chromosomal tests? I think my DH had 3 different ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Has anyone used IMSI for male factor?

Hi Shelby, my clinic studies the sperm microscopically and selects the morphologically best sperm as a matter of course. They then bend their little tail and stick them in. might be standard in Australia.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    How interesting Grebbeci. I wonder if they do that once they have chosen them with HA-ICSI??? I'll have to ask my FS unless someone else knows? Congratulations on your miracle!! I do hope it is us one day soon!

Thanks
    Reviews

Grebecci is that ivf Australia?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Shelby. The miscarriages are really hard. It certainly takes the excitement out of being pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    Our FS suggested IMSI as DH had sperm motility issues. I don't know a lot about it (probably should have asked more questions!) but they did say that this was best way to select the healthiest sperm - I think they wait a few days and then select the ones with the best DNA. Obviously the dodgy ones have died by then...

Anyways, it must have worked as my first cycle was successful and we now have a beautiful DD!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AshleeClaire07 View Post
    Hi there,
    Our FS suggested IMSI as DH had sperm motility issues. I don't know a lot about it (probably should have asked more questions!) but they did say that this was best way to select the healthiest sperm - I think they wait a few days and then select the ones with the best DNA. Obviously the dodgy ones have died by then...

Anyways, it must have worked as my first cycle was successful and we now have a beautiful DD!
    Thanks for the Info ashlee! Can I ask which clinic you are with? I am in Brisbane.