+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Speaking as an American - I am beyond relieved!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelini For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (08-11-2012),HugsBunny  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Dear.god. That is...appalling.
    That and his plan to stop funding to Planned Parenthood who provided free/cheap? contraception/gynae issues to women on low incomes/students.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There were sooooo many r.ape quotes from republicans. Atkins was just the tip of the iceberg.

There was Mourdock who said the pregnancy from r.ape was 'God's Will', Rivard who said 'some girls r.ape easy', King who claimed that women and girls don't get pregnant from r.ape or incest, Smith who suggested that r.ape was like having a child 'out of wedlock' (for the father of the child)...

There are undoubtedly more...

ETA: forgot an important one, Walsh who said that pregnancies are 'never life threatening' therefore there is no reason for abortion.
    Last edited by Ana Gram; 07-11-2012 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Barack Obama re-elected, surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    There were sooooo many r.ape quotes from republicans. Atkins was just the tip of the iceberg.

There was Mourdock who said the pregnancy from r.ape was 'God's Will', Rivard who said 'some girls r.ape easy', King who claimed that women and girls don't get pregnant from r.ape or incest, Smith who suggested that r.ape was like having a child 'out of wedlock' (for the father of the child)...

ETA: forgot an important one, Walsh who said that pregnancies are 'never life threatening' therefore there is no reason for abortion.
    Nooooo... This is not true!! Surely. I feel like vomiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Barack Obama re-elected, surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post

Sickening isn't it!

I'm relieved that Obama was re elected and I think America got it right.

I just hope that the same happens here the next time we go to the polls. It scares me to think that Tony Maggot would be in power.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not pleased that Obama won. The reasons I am not pleased are his drone strikes on Pakistan, his support for the practice of torture, his kill lists which authorise people to be executed sans trial, and his sycophancy towards Israel.

I would have liked to have seen an Independent or Third Party candidate like Jill Stein win the presidency.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nasalhaironfire View Post
    I am not pleased that Obama won. The reasons I am not pleased are his drone strikes on Pakistan, his support for the practice of torture, his kill lists which authorise people to be executed sans trial, and his sycophancy towards Israel.

I would have liked to have seen an Independent or Third Party candidate like Jill Stein win the presidency.
    I should look up how much of the vote a third party gets in America .. its always been a two horse race hasn't it?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Relieved!

Yes, the r.ape quotes were breathtaking.

"When life begins with that horrible situation of r.ape, that is something that God intended to happen" - Republican Senator Richard Mourdock

"The right approach is to accept this horrible created, in the sense of rape, but nevertheless...a gift of human life, and accept what God is giving you." Republican Senator Risk Santorum 2012

"Richard and I, along with millions of Americans...belief that life is a gift from God." Republican Senator John Cornyn supporting Richard Mourdock's statement about rape-induced abortions

So if God intended it to happen or pregnancy is a gift from God, then the rapist must have been doing God's work??

More delightful quotes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    I'm also relieved its Obama again. Romney is... I can't even think of the right word but its not a nice word lol. Obama is trying to publicise health care, which will be the best thing that's ever happened to that country since Reagan wanted to introduce it in the 60s (sorry if that's the wrong decade!) but the health insurers vetoed it cos of money. Just think how much more expensive iVf and assisted fertility would be without Medicare and not being allowed to have pre-existing conditions before taking out insurance!
    Regan was 1982-1988 I don't think he would have tried to introduced nationalized health care through, he was always so very pro-capitalism. (Of course I might be wrong!)

I also take issue with Romney's religious beliefs but that's a whole new thread...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Relieved, but not really surprised.

Obama is such a far more evolved human than Romney in every sense.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't know if I expected it... I was nervous that it could have gone the other way. Mitt Romney had a fair bit of support...

I'm just glad Obama won. I saw this election as a possible look into AUSTRALIA'S future... would the conservative bigots win out, or not? I'm hoping that Australia follows America's lead and chooses the not-as-conservative party in our next election. I'd be scared as an American under Romney, and I'll be scared as an Australian under Abbott.