+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default do you chatter to your child while in the trolley?

So this morning i was out doing some shopping with DD 20mths in the trolley. I always talk to her and maybe sing a little song/she will sing a song while we walk around and shop. Im prett sure most mum's do this?...right? Anyone who overhear's us usually just smiles politely at us and goes about their business. But not today, not this particular woman.
    She turned around, tapped me on the shoulder and said "i think you have been watching too many cartoons!" and she was serious! I didnt not get the impression she was making a mock of me.....WTF?! i was showing DD all the diferent colours of shorts on display! what business is it of hers?! Stupid woman!
    I just said, whatever and walked off. Grrrr!!!!!!!!!
    Now i feel like im abnormal for talking to dd about what she's loooking at, making up songs ect while we stroll around in the trolley. DD is so used to it, she babbles away.....Argghhh !!!
    Rant over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: do you chatter to your child while in the trolley?

Not abnormal at all. I shopped for half the day with my 28 month old son yesterday and we didny stop talking the entire time, from colours to shapes to things he can see, counting, singing songs etc.

I don't pay attention to what other people think, it makes me and my son happy to do what we do and I don't care what others think

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I would of said "clearly you don't have a life".

I absolutely talk to DD while shopping. We discuss everything! I make everything a game and fun and if anyone is pathetic enough to make snarky comments, than I just feel sorry for them. As they are just jealous they aren't as awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't get the cartoon reference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: do you chatter to your child while in the trolley?

Thats how they learn....by us talking to them, pointing things out to them, singing etc. I think its lovely and i do it too

I think shes the one with the problem honestly. Strange.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-11-2012),tootiredtosleep  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I chat to DS when he is in the trolley. I don't sing in public because my singing voice is vile!

This world is full of fools and trolls, and you unfortunately met one today.

Don't change how you interact with your DD over the comment of a random loser. It sounds like you have a lovely little thing going on together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I don't get the cartoon reference?
    yer was weird, i guess because i said oh look at the pretty colourful shorts, and then we sang the colours of the rainbow song....? might have been my awful singing voice that mabe sounds like a muppet? i dont know but now im so self consious!! grrrr!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I talk to my 3yo even when she's not in the trolley.

A couple of weeks ago I was standing in the sugar aisle saying "Now, does Mummy need icing sugar? Mummy can't remember". And then I looked down and remembered that she wasn't even with me

Nobody made any comments though, I think it was more like "stay away from the crazy lady talking to herself"

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fox in Sox For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (27-11-2012),Boobycino  (07-11-2012),GreenMama  (07-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (07-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (28-11-2012),Mummasaurus Rex  (12-11-2012),P0tat0gem  (07-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (07-11-2012),PinkSmarties  (07-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (07-11-2012),Witwicky  (07-11-2012),~ElectricPink~  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox in Sox View Post
    I talk to my 3yo even when she's not in the trolley.

A couple of weeks ago I was standing in the sugar aisle saying "Now, does Mummy need icing sugar? Mummy can't remember". And then I looked down and remembered that she wasn't even with me

Nobody made any comments though, I think it was more like "stay away from the crazy lady talking to herself"
    HAHAHAHA love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez what a weirdo! My DD is only 3 months and I chatter away to her constantly!

I had a woman stop me on the street the other day and tell me to make sure my baby was breathing in the ergo. Pfft.