+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Interesting true story on Abortion in VIC on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    So you think women who have consensual sex and fall pregnant should not be able to access lta. What about the other thousands (?) of females that fall pregnant due to unconsensual sex should they be forced to continue a pregnancy simply because they found out too late?
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I'm answering yes. At some points Adults have to cop a hit for the greater good of humanity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Abortion isn't a violation of human rights you didn't answer my question.
    Think about what you're saying....

'Killing a baby isn't a violation of human rights but refusing to let a mother kill her baby is'

That warped thinking I just can't understand

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

TheMadHatter  (10-11-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    But surely your beliefs about your rights to your own body support that they are granted freely?
    Sorry this question BO? I don't think they should be handed out like lollies but I do think they should be available as the law currently stands (I thought I posted this earlier) for fetal abnormalities, physiosocial reasons, victims of rape or incest ect do I think any other woman should be able to, knowing she has been pregnant for a while and baring financial/social difficulties, be able to waltz in for a lta because she has changed her mind? Yes I do simply because I can't fathom the opposite- forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy. I know what it's like to have an unwanted pregnancy I can't imagine forcing that on another woman. Should the baby be given the option to remain alive I think that decision should belong to the woman just as the decision to withhold or give care remains with the parents of premie babies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Vicpark are you for real? how banning termination is making the greater good of humanity?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Think about what you're saying....

'Killing a baby isn't a violation of human rights but refusing to let a mother kill her baby is'

That warped thinking I just can't understand
    You can't force a person to donate organs to save anothers life whether it be to their own detriment or not. Why should a woman be forced to carry an unborn child? Does an unborn child have more rights than that guy down the street that matches your liver or a kidney? Why would you force a woman to carry an unborn child when you wouldn't force someone to donate an organ? You won't die with just one kidney sure your life will be a little different but just take one for the team, your liver will grow back so it should be all good. Lets start forcing people to donate them...

It's wrong because women are not incubators. My uterus and my life is mine and mine alone whom I choose to share it with is my choice and no one else's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't think you can compare a kidney to a baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    i don't think you can compare a kidney to a baby...
    Wtf?!?

A woman is not an incubator just like a person is not an organ farm. You can't force someone to donate an organ to save someone else's life you should not be able to force a woman to carry a life just because without her the baby would not survive.

I feel like I am going around in circles here.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 09-11-2012 at 21:30.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wtf?!?
    umm in your post above you are comparing forcing a woman to carry a child to forcing them to give up a kidney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

You can't force a person to donate organs to save anothers life whether it be to their own detriment or not. Why should a woman be forced to carry an unborn child? Does an unborn child have more rights than that guy down the street that matches your liver or a kidney? Why would you force a woman to carry an unborn child when you wouldn't force someone to donate an organ? You won't die with just one kidney sure your life will be a little different but just take one for the team, your liver will grow back so it should be all good. Lets start forcing people to donate them...

It's wrong because women are not incubators. My uterus and my life is mine and mine alone whom I choose to share it with is my choice and no one else's.
    "me me me me me me me me me".

Women need to take a hit sometimes for the greater good of humanity. Humanity is bigger that your uterus.

I sort of see where you're going with the organ donation thing. Interesting slant. But I think there are key differences:

1) kidney donation: by not doing anything you may contribute to someone else's downfall. A person can theoretically survive without a transplant (dialysis). A chunk of the time a person needs a transplant because of unavoidable issues. Then again a chunk of the time it's avoidable (diet, alcohol etc).

2) abortion: a baby is killed because of a directed and purposeful action to kill the baby was taken. Once a baby is aborted... It's dead. 99% of the time a woman put herself in the preventable position of having an unwanted pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    "me me me me me me me me me".

Women need to take a hit sometimes for the greater good of humanity. Humanity is bigger that your uterus.

I sort of see where you're going with the organ donation thing. Interesting slant. But I think there are key differences:

1) kidney donation: by not doing anything you may contribute to someone else's downfall. A person can theoretically survive without a transplant (dialysis). A chunk of the time a person needs a transplant because of unavoidable issues. Then again a chunk of the time it's avoidable (diet, alcohol etc).

2) abortion: a baby is killed because of a directed and purposeful action to kill the baby was taken. Once a baby is aborted... It's dead. 99% of the time a woman put herself in the preventable position of having an unwanted pregnancy
    Yep my body my choice. I wouldn't force you to do anything you didn't want to do with your body I'd like the same in return, not that I think I'd ever get it.

1) nah the person can't survive anymore they are at the end they really need your kidney or they WILL DIE. <full stop no exceptions no get out of jail free cards nope nada no other options.

2) 99%? Do you have a reference for this number? How would you police it? Watch every single woman & man to make sure everyone is using birth control? Even then you've got a failure rate of .2% (or is it higher?). How are you going to know if a woman was raped or had a one night stand? I'm guessing here you'd let a woman who was raped access an abortion..?