+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default SA Burnside Hospital & Dr Karen Chandler

Hi I'm pregnant w my first baby, I'm currently booked in at burnside but I'd like some recent feedback If anyone can share. I've heard mixed reviews, particularly of the nurses post-natal being terrible and giving mixed advise but just wondering if anyone could share their experiences please?

Also I'm seeing Dr Karen Chandler at the moment, she seems really nice and I'm happy with her so far but I'm love to hear any experiences anyone has had with her as I haven't really heard anything good or bad yet? So nervous knowing if you're making the right decisions when everything is sooo new!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy. I didn't birth at Burnside but i know a few people who have & also had Karen Chandler & have had nothing but good things to say about both.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blue74 For This Useful Post:

tiny tans  (22-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default SA Burnside Hospital & Dr Karen Chandler

Karen chandler is great and so is burnside hospital. Tbh you are going to get varied midwives and varied advise at whatever hospital you go to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

tiny tans  (22-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I loved Karen Chandler! In general, I also loved Burnside Hospital. It had more of a hotel feel to it, than a hospital feel to it.

As for the midwives though, there were some that I loved and some that I didn't. However, you will get that at any hospital you go to.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

tiny tans  (22-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a terribler experience with Karen Chandler at Burnside. I'm in no position to judge whether she is an excellent OB, but as her patient who had lost the very much wanted baby under her care, I would say she absolutely does not deserve the positive reviews I've seen all over the internet.

I do not blame her about my loss, but what happened was she just vanished completely after the incident, not even a telephone call or any card to send out her sympathy. The only thing she had done after she knew I had lost my baby was to cancel all my appointments with her, and had that done without even noticing me afterwards. I seriously doubt that I am the only paitent of her to have a miscarriage, but the way she had handled my case was simply unacceptable.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to daisaimao For This Useful Post:

Nunook14  (21-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Karen Chandler is Terrible! STAY AWAY

I would never use Dr Karen Chandler again! Her manner is extremely curt and unpleasant. She attended my planned caesarean and just started cutting me open without so much as, a simple hello!! My husband and I were appalled. After the birth she showed zero warmth and/or compassion for the pain I was in after her and her anesthetist under prescribed me for pain relief. It was a terrible four days after a caesarean. She exclaimed, "well you're going to have pain". My follow up 6 wk appointment was scheduled for 12 Wks because she was busy and was going to be away! I didn't even attend. I was so disgusted with the after care-none, lack of warmth and general people skills. Stay away! The staff at burnside were absolutely beautiful to say the least. Thank goodness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear of your experience Nunook. I'm surprised you didn't get an opportunity to meet with Caroline or Tracy earlier than 12weeks for your check up, that's very unfortunate. Since my post I've had 2 babies, both with Karen Chandler & I would most definitely use her again. First bubs was planned caesarean due to breech, I was so nervous but she was so relaxed it made me feel at ease. The pain afterwards I expected but I have had significant surgery before. I can imagine Karen saying 'you're going to have pain' as I'm sure she would've said it to me at some stage but I take that a little more as matter of fact and honesty.

Second bubs, I had a successful vbac & I truly saw exactly how amazing Karen really is. Karen also was away during the final stages of my pregnancy and I saw the other OB's and they all really were fantastic. I had a few issues after my vbac and saw Caroline in the days after & had follow ups with Karen and I can honestly say they were fantastic & I absolutely loved them both! I found them both caring and understanding, I really appreciate what they do.

It's been a few years since my post and just thought I'd post that my experiences were great for future people that come across this post. I have heard so many people rave about Karen since then but as someone posted earlier - there's going to be varied experiences. I personally loved her personality, honesty and humor, but most of all I'm thankful for her easing my anxiety about my births, especially second time around BUT most of all I'm thankful for her delivering my two beautiful babies safely into this world )